Chapter 45: Decisions Decisions

When we get home from the hospital I have the girls go into the other room. We have not told them what we have found out.

I take Nicole to my room. I close the door. I say, " Baby girl please talk to me. I want to know what is in your head. What do you want to do about this?"

" This!? You mean the baby. Well I'm not the kind who believes in abortions and if I have the baby I won't want to give it up. Therefore I have no other choice but to keep the baby. I just need to in know that if I keep it then you won't leave."

I walk over to her and hug her. " Baby girl I could never leave you. It is your baby. I will love it like it is my own. I will always to care of you and our kid. Your dad needs to know though. If you want I can tell him."

" Thanks babe. Yes I would love for you to tell him."

She kisses me and I kiss her back. I put my hand on her belly. Our baby is inside. I know neither one of us care how it happened but are we care about now is that our baby is healthy.

She falls asleep and I walk out. I let my sisters know that they can come out. They don't ask me what happened which I am happy about.

Once she told me that she wanted to keep the baby I hade decided right then and there to do something. I am going to be there for our baby so I only have one option. Nicole is going to need me bow more then ever. I can't be there 100% if I am her teacher.

I pick up my phone and call my boss. I say, " Hey I know it is short notice and it is only two weeks away but I'm quitting. If you want I can work for two weeks but my life is pulling me on other directions right now."

He says, " I hate to hear that but I know you have your hand full. I can get a sub to cover for you until we find someone else."

" Thank you so much for understanding."

" Your welcome. If you ever decide that you want to be a teacher again I will have a spot for you."

" Ok thanks again. Have a good day."

" You too Amber."

I hang up.

I then let the girls know that I will be back soon. They nod.

I walk over to Nicole's house. I know Henery has just got home. I knock on the door. He opens and tells me to come in. I say, " I need to talk to you and you should be sitting for this."

He nods and leads me into his office. He sits down and I sit on the other side of the desk. He says, " So what did you want to talk about?"

" Well I don't know how to tell you this but here it goes Nicole is pregnant."

" What?!"

" That's not all sir. She wants to keep the baby. I will step up and raise it even though it isn't mine. I will take care of it and give it the best life. I quite my job today so that I can be there for Nicole 100%."

" Thank you for letting me know. I appreciate you stepping up. I wouldn't know what to even do because of how she got pregnant."

" That is understandable sit but you have to keep in mind that this baby is your daughter's also. Hopefully the baby will only look like her."

He nods. We hug before I leave. That wasn't as bad as I thought that it was going to go. Now for the second hard thing. I don't know how Nicole will take the fact that I quite being a teacher.

When I get to my room she is waking up. " So I talked to your dad. I told him that I would step up and help you. I also quite my job today."

" You did what!"

" I quite my job so that I can be there 100% for you and the baby. I also have to be there for my Grace, Abby, and Abby's baby."

" I know that was the only job that you got by yourself and you were proud. I wish you didn't quite because of me and the baby."

" My child and you are my most cherished things in my life. I know the baby won't be here for nine months but I already cherish it as much as I do you."

She starts crying happy tears. I walk over to her and hold her.

I call the girls in. I say, " Grace and Abby we have some big knews to tell you guys."

Grace says, " What is it?"

I put my hand on Nicole's belly. Before I can say anything Abby says, " Nicole is pregnant isn't she? Are we excited or pissed about it?"

" We are keeping it so we are excited little sis. Amber is going to help me raise it. You two are going to be aunts."

They jump up and down. Nicole and I laugh. They get in bed with us and we watch tv as a family. I couldn't be happier.