Chapter 42:

That next day Nicole and I decide to teach Abby how to cook. Abby walks in and says, " What are you guys planning?"

" We are going to teach you how to cook. Nicole is here only to do that."

Nicole becomes sad after that.

Abby says, " Ok well what am I learning first?"

" Amber and I are going to teach you how to make homemade pizza."

Abby nods. First I teach her how to make dough. We mix all of the ingredients and then roll out the dough. I then show her how to make in into the shape of pizza. We make the crust.

Nicole then shows her how to put the pizza sauce on and then the toppings. Nicole says, " You can use other sauces on pizza also but for now we are just going old school."

Abby nods. We then put it into the oven and turn on the timer. Abby walks off. Nicole walks yp to me and says, " I miss you. It is killing me how much I miss you. I need you by my side every night. I don't care what my dad says."

" Nicole you know I love you and always will. I just can't risk going to jail when Abby needs me as much as she does right now. I miss holding you but we are just going to have to hold on for six more months."

" I may end up killing myself because of the wait."

" Do not kill yourself. We will be together right now but we just can't right now. Please understand and just give it time. I hate this also but I can't lose you forever. Don't ever even think about killing yourself. You have to many people who love you."

She nods and starts crying. I hug her.

After we eat the pizza Nicole leaves. I call Henery and ask him to come talk to me. He shows up in five minutes. I take him outback. I say, " You need to keep an eye on Nicole. She was over here to help me teach Abby how to cook. While she was over her she said that she feels like killing herself at times without having me. I respect the fact that you don't want us together right now. It is just killing the both of us slowly. She may have just said that to get me back but I still want you to watch over her. I can't watch over her myself anymore for right now because it just hurts to much."

" Thank you for bringing this to me. I hope that it is just that she was trying to get you back. J can't lose my daughter but I can't let you two be together right now. I can't believe that you even started dating her once you knew that she was your student. You have made bad decisions about this whole thing. I know that you have always loved her so I can't blame you. I have more respect for you know since you are respecting me. I just don't want Abby to lose you while she is pregnant."

I nod. He gives me a hug and I hug him back. He leaves. I know where he is coming from even if I hate it.

****

Later that day I am going through some of the papers my dad had. It am doing it for business. I come across a piece of paper. I have to look at it about five times. I can't believe my eyes. It is a copy of a slip if paper that my dad and some woman signed. It is a slip allowing for the woman to give a baby up to the city. It is from fourteen years ago. If my dad signed it then it means he was the father. I have a half sister named Grace somewhere out there.

I decide to go to the orphanage. I walk in and show the person the slip of paper. I say, " My dad just passed away and I found this. I would like to know if my sister is still here. If not then would you be able to tell me where she is?"

" Sadly if she isn't here or in foster care then no I can't tell you. This slip is allowing for a close adoption."

I nod. She starts typing in info. She then looks up to me and says, " I have found a Grace who looks a lot like you. She is still here with us. She is upstairs right now watching tv with the group. Would you like to meet her?"

" Yes I would love to."

She nods and makes a phone call. Five minutes later a girl who looks like Abby and I walks up. She says, " Are you from foster care or are you looking to adopt? If you are looking to adopt then maybe you should look at the babies."

I don't know what to say because how can I come out and say that I am her sister who has lived a good life. Ugh I can't believe my dad cheated on my mom. I say, " I want to get to know you."

" Why?"

" Because your dad is my dad. He passed away around thanksgiving."

" I'm sorry to hear about your loss but I have never even met the man. If you know about me then why have you just now chosen to come meet me. I don't need you pitty because in two years I will be going to another group home and then two years after that I will be my own person."

" I don't want to pitty you. I just found out about you today and I came looking. I know your life hasn't been easy but I'm hoping to change that."

" Well I don't know but I want to know if I have any other siblings."

" On my dad's side you have an eleven year old sister. You had a younger brother but he died a year ago. I don't know about your mom side."

She nods. We hang out for an hour before I have to leave. She gives me a hug. I tell her that I will come back and see her soon. She nods.

When I get home. Abby says, " Hey where have you been?"

I don't kniw know if I should tell her but I don't like keeping things from her. I say, " I've been visiting our half sister."

" We have a half sister?"

" Yeah and her name is Grace. She is fourteen. She is dad's daughter."

" Wow that's crazy. So that means that dad cheated on mom."

I nod. She shakes her head. " Where is our sister staying?"

" In the orphanage."

" That is just sad. It makes me look at dad in another way."

I nod.