Chapter III ~ Ian ~ Keep on raining

Hi everyone,

I'd really recommend listening to the song I've put the side of this video along with the video. I think it goes pretty well :)

Hope you're liking it!

fluffie xx

Chapter 3 ~ Song: Clarion Call by Delphic

Ian Hecox

Despite the fact I'd been up late after seeing Lily, I eagerly got up at 7:30, to rush over with her birthday gifts. 7:30 is a crazy time for me, so Anthony could tell I was excited when he got up, just as I was out the door.

'Are you going already?'

'Yep! I don't want to miss her, before she goes out. I want to give her the gifts!' I  blurted, sounding like such a priss.

'Whatever you say..' Anthony said, with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. 'But remember, we have to film that mailtime later, I won't be able to fit it in after tomorrow. Oh, and Kalel will be over in a while, so we'll do it after dinner?'

'Sure, sure, whatever.' I said, not really listening as I closed the door behind me.

I took the car this time. I'd learnt my lesson thanks to my achy knees this morning. Damn, I needed to get fitter. Even Lily thought so- she always told me. I can't believe just walking briskly for about an hour made me this stiff. I revved up and as I pulled out, looked at the white ribboned blue box and card on the passenger seat. I had balanced the box carefully, as it was made of china. I thought Lily could maybe use it as a jewellery box too. I hoped the bracelet would be a sign of eternal love for each other. The bracelet's name was 'Eternity Bracelet,' anyway. I wanted to prove to her that I truly loved her.

There was also a box of her favourite pop tarts, limited edition red velvet. I'd picked them up in New York while visiting, for her. I grinned. She was gonna love these gifts.

I imagined the fine chain gently chinking as she put her hands around my neck, thanking me for the best present ever. 

WOAH!

I just swerved out the way of a huge firetruck. Phew, I thought to myself. I'm drifting off too much.

I also hadn't realised that it had began to rain, softly at first and gradually harder, that now it was hammering against my poor blue car. Damn, California. This isn't like you.

I drew up on Lily's parents' drive. The anxiety was killing me now, I was just desperate to see her. I scurried through the rain and sheltered under the porch.

I knew her parents were out this morning getting her a present, so I used the key under the doormat- her parents had told me I was permitted to use it. I jiggled the door open and closed the door gently. I entered the parquet floored, panelled hall, took my shoes off and left them by the stairs. I crept up the stairs, wanting to surprise Lily. As I reached the top of the stairs, I heard a murmur coming from her room. As I snuck closer towards her door, the murmurs turned into mumbles, and then into groans, and then into speech:

'You're so amazing at this.'

'No, you are! So much better than Ian. Touch me.'

I heard gentle moans until the question came:

'Why do you even date Ian?'

'Well, with all the Smosh business, he can buy me what I want. I can get anything because he wants to please me. He means well, but he's so clingy, I can't stand it anymore. That's why I wanted to start these morning sessions with you, finally kissing and enjoying someone good.'

My heart thumped out of my chest. It hurt. It all... just hurted. My hands fumbled with the fragile blue box in my hand. This was my heart. Easily breakable. Easy to forget. Easy to destroy. Painfully, painfully...

I thought you were different, Lily.

You were a lie, all along. Nothing but a lying, thieving, mooching slut.

A slut. A bitch. A disgusting.. despicable...

Anger swelled over me like wildfire.

I saw the delicate china blue box in my hand. This was unbearable. I couldn't resist. I threw it to the floor, instantly shattering it, shards of china flying everywhere.

It had been broken...

like my heart.

...I didn't care about the bracelet. I didn't care about Lily. I marched down the stairs, hearing footsteps behind me. I slammed the door, storming towards my car.

The rain was heavy now and thunder clapped.

How could she? How did I not realise that she was a lie?

My heart thumped. My mind screamed. My eyes welled. I threw open the car door as Lily's front door flew open. It was the man she was with.

He was in nothing but some boxers.

'What the FUCK do you think you're doing man? Are you attempting a robbery?'

'I'm meant to be her BOYFRIEND! Who are you?!'

'I'm- Max. Fuck off, okay?'

'Why are you with her?' I demanded first.

Lily stumbled out the front door, clutching a small silver chain, with only a skimpy lace bra on and shorts.

'Hey, babe, look what I found! A Tiffany bracelet, it was among the shar-- Ian!'

'I can't believe you Lily. You were a lie all along. You never loved me.'

'You.. saw..?' she gasped.

'Yes, Lily. I heard you, too, and now I know about it all. Give me back the bracelet. We're over.'

Anger instantly boiled inside of her.

'TAKE IT! I hate it anyway. I never really loved you. But now I'm unafraid to say it, you were always useless. You just did whatever I said. You clinged onto me like a monkey, you retard. You had no guts. Max is hotter anyway. You're an ugly... freak. Get away from my house!'

I snatched the bracelet out of her petty hand and shoved it in my pocket. I was furious.

Then it hit me.

She was a bitch all along. She always put me down, and I knew it. Our relationship had been falling apart, but I didn't want to admit it to myself. I knew something wasn't right with it. Last night she had avoided the question 'Do you love me?'

It was clear. That guy deserved her.

I didn't. I was just a clingy, accepting retard.

But she didn't deserve me either.

'Happily!' I yelled back, my voice breaking as I try not to break down into tears.

I slid into my car. My hair dripped onto the wheel. I started backing out as Lily kissed this Max guy deeply, in the rain.

Keep on raining.