Chapter XIV ~ Misty ~ Shoes are a girl's best friend

Hey guys!

We're nearly at a thousand reads! *dies and rolls down a hill* THATS CRAZYYY thanks so much guys and everyone whose expressing interest and reading this >.<

Good news: school's finished now for the summer - so I'll be posting chapters more often! ^.^

Bad news: I've just bought a 3DS XL and New Leaf- probably not the best idea if I want to be a productive person. :/

Also I'm on holiday from early august for two weeks so I won't be around for then either. I hope I'll be able to post 3 more chapters before I go away. ^u^

For the meantime, enjoy this chapter! It's longish... :3

LOVE YOU ALL! <3
 fluffie xxxx

Chapter 14: Misty Cooper

(no song)

I think me and Ian were just about to kiss.

We were close. I could hear his delicate breathing as he closely approached me. My heart was beating fast and hard out of my chest and I was unbelievably nervous.

Was it a kiss?

Or was he just gonna whisper something to me, or hug me?

Whatever happened, Anthony had stepped in, back from his night out just as it was about to happen.

Ian seemed normal, like nothing had happened. I had an awful feeling that I had misread his actions and thought he was trying to kiss me, when he wasn't. He didn't mention it again all night.

It was all too confusing. I wasn't good at reading signs- I never had been. So there was no way to tell, and I wasn't going to question it. I tried looking at Ian, but he kept watching the film, Ted, not glancing back. Sometimes I could swear he was looking at me, but whenever I turned my head he wasn't.

There was no way I could concentrate on the movie for the rest of it. It was hopeless. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened, what could have happened.

As the credits started to come up, Ian sighed.

I didn't say anything, but Anthony did.

'Good film, Ted.'

"Mm-hm,' I hummed.

'So what did you guys do?'

'Nothing much,' Ian stood up. 'Misty introduced me to her Jelly Babies though. Pretty good! Bit messed up that your obsessed with eating people, though, Misty. Don't let it control you, you have to tell the voices to stop...' he said in a 'serious' voice.

Oh, Ian.

I'd almost forgotten about letting him try those. I was pleased he liked them, though.

'I'm sorry, Ian. I'm sorry... it's just escalated, you know?'

Ian laughed heartily.

'Hey, so what do you wanna, uh, do tomorrow?' Ian asked, looking at me properly for the first time since earlier.

'We still going shopping with Kalel?' I asked.

'Ya still happy to do that?'

'Of course I am, bitch!' I retorted, jokingly.

'Okay, horsey, no need to be so rude.' 

I smiled like a retard. I was glad that we were back to normal, nothing had changed.