Chapter XXXXIII ~ Ian ~ Meltdown

Dear lovely lovely readers

I've been working hard! I've set out the next few chapters. Here's Ian's point of view of breaking down...I hope you enjoy it.

20K reads. I'm in absolute shock. I love you guys so much! Thank you.

-fluffie xox

Chapter 43 ~ Ian Hecox

I didn't sleep. I searched for Misty the entire night, but I couldn't find her anywhere. I called her name, rang her phone, texted, checked every place I could think of. I even went and searched the depths of our hotel, the convention center car park, considering even travelling to the hotel where we first got together.

Anthony eventually dragged me to bed, assuring me she would have found somewhere safe and that I needed to sleep, but honestly, the worry in his eyes said it all. Even Anthony barely believed that Lily forced me into kissing her. It was impossible to explain to even my best friend, as his excuse would be 'Why didn't you back away?'

Misty wouldn't be coming back. At least not for tonight.

I regretted everything. Misty probably believed everything that everyone had said about me and Lily now. That I was cheating on Lily with her....everything that had happened seemed to fit all the rumours.

How could I have been so idiotic? Why did I even speak to Lily?

How didn't I see through her?

I lay silently in the empty bed for an hour before realising that attempting to sleep was pointless. I hauled myself up, got dressed back into day clothes, and searched our hotel again- inside and out. I was convinced to go down to the Katrina, but I'd searched the entire hotel a few hours ago (apart from all the rooms, of course.) I'd called Misty and texted her, but it was no use. She wasn't going to answer.

When I headed to the bathroom whilst searching, I looked at myself in the mirror. There was sweat on my forehead, my eyes were streaked with tears. My hair was a mess, as if I'd ran my hands through it a lot.

I forced myself back to bed and tried to pretend that everything was fine, but the gap in the double bed was nauseating. Only 10 hours ago Misty had lay beside me right there, by my side. I regretted everything I did that night; even acknowledging Lily's presence seemed senseless.

But inside me, I just felt empty. Misty meant the world to me, and I could really understand that now. This feeling of something being missing said it all. Misty had brought me, Anthony and Kalel closer together. She'd saved me from my loneliness, she'd made me feel deliriously happy again, from the first day I met her, through that day where we finally professed our love, until tonight, where we laughed together not only as lovers, but as best friends. Now, that feeling was only a memory. All I felt now was an overwhelming pain, as if I was falling back down that deep dark hole I was in five months earlier when I'd broken up with Lily. Misty was everything to me. I loved her more than anything in the world.

Alongside this, I was worried for Misty. I felt like we could keep her safe when she was with us. God knows where she was now, but after what happened with Jay, my heart thumped faster just thinking about what could happen if she was alone.

She could be manipulated, attacked....hurt...

For the second time that night, with panic struck in my heart, I tore out of bed and began to search again. I couldn't let Misty be alone.

I tried calling Misty one last time, and it went to voicemail. The recorded message played.

'Hi! This is Misty,' I heard the familiar message say. You could hear me laughing in the background. 'Shh, Ian!' Misty muttered under her breath. 'Sorry, I can't take your call right now, but please leave a message after the-'