Chapter XXXIV ~ Misty ~ That damn text

Hellooooo!

My exams finished today, and I'm officially off for Christmas! Woooooo!

I started writing this last week whilst I was meant to be revising...and well, I got carried away. There's about 5200 words in this, I think it's the longest yet! I think Misty just needed to explain herself, and it all came pouring out.

I hope you've all had a fabulous week, stay kawaii! Thanks for everything. You guys give me confidence :)

Lots of love,

-fluffie xox <3

Chapter 34 ~ Misty Cooper

Song: Disillusion by Badly Drawn Boy

I was ecstatic. I heard that most people regret their first night of sex, but I seemingly broke the mould.

Mum, Dad, Stan and Baxter had a good stay. They saw some Californian sights, and even checked out Disneyland for the sake of it. Me and Baxter shared some cuddles, and it was really great to see them. I was glad they'd come: they confirmed our relationship, told us it was okay, and all without having to know great detail about the internet's reaction. Mum and Dad both took a real shining to Ian and Anthony. The last thing my dad said to me before getting on the plane was 'What a pair of absolute gentlemen. Good job, Misty.' Aw yes.

The following weeks were super hectic for Ian and Anthony. I had a few nights home alone as they were out doing interviews, and often filming night scenes. They had some big videos coming out soon. They had also done more music recording, Smosh Games and Shut Up Cartoons stuff.

Meanwhile, I'd been working my butt off at the café to try and earn money for if I went to Vidcon. I still wasn't totally sure, but it was more likely than it had ever been. I even went over to Mari's to have a pep talk about Vidcon- plus a video game session. It felt amazing going over to hers so casually, as if I'd known her forever- we really did get on well. Mari's boyfriend Peter was also really nice: whenever I was over he was happy to chat cheerfully. Mari talked about Kalel politely- but I knew that there perhaps was something behind that forced smile. I supposed they got on but maybe they were a slight personality clash. Either way, they were both good at hiding it. I also invited Kalel over for an anime session. We watched, ate vegan popcorn and drank diet coke. It was really cute- I'd really found a new-earnt respect for Kalel since she defended me from Lily, even though from time to time she could be a little frustrating when it came to her and Anthony getting all smoochy in front of us.

On one Saturday in mid-july, I was on my way to the café, on my own. Ian and Anthony had been invited to a partners meeting with the masters of YouTube, and had to leave at 6am this morning to make their way to Anaheim. I woke up an hour later, slung on a skater skirt and chiffon shirt and made my way without a lift, for the first time in a while. Ian was always too generous and caring to let me travel without one. It wouldn't be long until Kristie gave me lifts though: her test was in a few weeks, and she'd already passed her theory test. But for now, my own feet would have to do.

My satchel bumped on my hip, with my denim jacket shoved inside hastily, along with my sunglasses case, phone and purse. I wore my sunglasses on my face, shading my pale, blinding skin from the threatening sun. I called into the corner store to get some gum to freshen up halfway through the day (I'd heard via Kristie that today's soup involved garlic,) when I saw something familiar, but still in a way all new.

Another article spectating me and Ian. And not only one, there was two. One newspaper and one magazine with the same similar headline.

This time the photo was different: me and Ian caught in a tender embrace, his lips against my cheek and my head buried in his chest. It was slightly blurred, but the picture was clear. I couldn't even tell where we were. Who the fuck was taking these photos?