Chapter XXVIII ~ Misty ~ Forgiven

HAPPY HALLOWWEEEEEENNNNNN !

Have a spooky day, and stay safe. I hope you like this chapter..

- fluffie xox ^~^

Chapter 28 ~ Misty Cooper

(No song)

I was almost back to normal. I mean, I still felt kinda shitty, and I knew the fanbase still hated me- but hey. Kalel had dealt with it, and Ian knew I could do it. I could deal with it, right?

I knew what I had to do now- it was time to face Kristie. I felt bad for not informing her. This was gonna be tough, but we had to just see how it went.

I headed to my room and plonked myself down on my bed, before taking a deep breath. Drift gave me a quick look of encouragement as I tapped on Kristie's contact and heard the recurring bleeps before someone finally answered.

'Hello?'

'Kristie! It's me, Misty.'

'Oh. Hi,' Kristie huffed. 'I don't really-'

'Look, I know you must be pissed off and I get that, I just need to explain myself.'

'You need to explain WHAT, Misty? I mean, I know it's nice and all to have Ian as a boyfriend, but you didn't have to do that whole 'oh we're roommates' bullshit.' Here was when I decided to let Kristie vent for a bit. I needed to understand her point of view anyway.

'You don't have to explain anything,' Kristie carried on. 'I'm guessing that's why I still haven't been to your house. You're probably still living with your parents and you and Ian are having cheeky times together when you can. You know he has a girlfriend, Misty! I thought you were better than that, you know. You and Ian are off having a lovely relationship- whilst I sit and deal with my parents getting a fucking divorce.'

'Kristie!' I gasped. 'You never told me that!'

'Well I would've, if you didn't lie to me all the time. I don't even know if I can trust you anymore. Maybe  as soon as the phone call ends. you'll go tell Ian about the divorce and all its details.'

She sighed in resignation. 'It happened this week.'

'Aw, Kristie. That's really rough. And I would never tell anyone if you didn't want me to...I hope you're coping okay, and you...you know I'm always here.'

'Mmm.' Kristie didn't sound too sure. It was time to explain myself.

'Okay Kristie, I'm gonna tell you the whole story,' I stated. 'So, we like got together whilst we were at Gaming Expo, there was nothing apart from friendship before. I guess I had crushed on him for ages, you probably worked that out ages ago. But anyhow, we had a really cute weekend, explained everything to Kalel and Anthony, and we thought we were alone together when we shared a quick kiss in the lobby, but I guess not. I still don't know who took that photo. But we got home on Monday, and Ian told me that he would prefer if I didn't tell anyone apart from close friends just to stop it from getting difficult. So, I was planning on telling you in person...but when I saw you at the café a few days after the expo, I just got nervous. I just didn't know how to tell you, if you know what I mean. I guess I just didn't want to say it in such a way that Ian wouldn't be happy with...I just don't want to let him down...'

'Oh.'

There was silence for a while. It was deafening and very, very awkward. I tried to think of something to say, but Kristie beat me to it.