Chapter VIII ~ Misty ~ Strange Day

This is a super long chapter!

I thought of splitting it up, but thats a little bit cruel.

Just to warn you as a disclaimer: There is mild sex in this chapter, but no intercourse, nothing too disgusting or graphic. No under 12s please!

Enjoy!

-fluffie xx

Chapter 8 ~ (No song)

Misty Cooper

This morning I had a lie-in.

I was left to my own thoughts, but they were slightly disturbed as Drift was already up and scratching on the glass of his tank for food. He's never not hungry.

The previous day had been a random one, sure. But I was glad it happened. I felt like I'd made a friend. Ian had promised me his number, but when we got to outside Jay's house, he didn't mention it. I ended up numberless, but I didn't want to ask for it and seem too needy or pushy. That's the last thing I want.. I need to make sure I'm making true friends here, not just ones I've forced.

But now, I had no chance of ever seeing Ian or Anthony again. And I was pissed off about it. They were actually interested in me. It was all a bit surreal. They wanted me at their house, it wasn't just being kind. But now I was doubting that. He said he was there for me...was that a lie?

I hoped and hoped he just forgot to give me his number. Maybe I was overthinking it. But I was positive that I was probably not going to see him again.

Anyway, by the time I got back from Ian's, I realised it was 3am in the UK, and vowed to myself that I would call Mum in the morning, and hopefully speak to Dad and Stan, my brother, too.

Now it was 11am.. I think about 7pm in the UK?

I picked up my phone and sat up against my pillow. I knew the number off by heart, and dialled it.

There were a few rings, then I heard a familiar voice.

'Hello?'

'Stan! Bro, I miss you!'

'Oh my god, Misty! How's it going?'

'Eh.'

We talked for about fifteen minutes. I told him about the events of the previous day.. minus the number part. I didn't want him to know about how I felt about that.

He soon passed me to Dad, and we talked for a while. He gave me some tips on life alone...

'Don't spend all your money at once.'

'Pay your rent, oh no wait, Mum's paying that for you..'

'Can you even cook?'

Oh, Dad. He'll never change. I reassured him again, time after time.

'Dad! I'm fine. I can handle this!'

Eventually, I was passed onto Mum.

'Mum!' I cried.

'Oh Misty, how are you? It's been a few days, how's it gone?'

'Ish..' I started. 'Yesterday was strange,' and I told her the same version of the story I'd told Stan.

'So, you'll see that Ian again? He seemed very nice to do that for you. I hope he's not too old, Misty.'

'He wasn't,' I assured her. Or was he? Early twenties? There was no way of telling. Anthony and Kalel were pretty obviously settled down, so they had to be at least 24, or was I being generalistic? 'But I doubt I'll be seeing him again,' I carried on.