Chapter VI ~ Misty ~ A strange encounter

Chapter 6 ~ (No song)

Misty Cooper

What the hell happened today? 

I thought to myself, as the hot water trickled down my back and through my hair.

I'd started off looking for a job.

And now, somehow I'd ended up at Ian's house, met his best friend, Anthony, and Anthony's girlfriend Kalel. They'd offered me a shower.. and now I was here. 

So surreal.

I was so grateful now. It was so kind of him to offer me back to his, to help me dry up. What a nice guy.

Anthony and Kalel were lovely, but I was so ingrigued by Ian, and so fixated. He seemed, sort of mysterious but not false in any way. He seemed a really genuine, nice, and funny guy. We'd laughed a bit in the car, too. We'd really hit it off.

But why was he crying earlier? 

Was it about the splashing? Or was he just frustrated like me?

I was confused. But, there was no use just staying in this shower all day. I got out and dried off.

Shit.

Only my wet disgusting clothes remained, and I was stark naked, with only a towel that Ian had given me. Kalel had promised me some sweatpants though, and I gratefully accepted. She was going to go get them, but she'd forgotten before I got in the shower. My only option was to do the awkward call out from the bathroom.

'Erm, Ian?'

I heard footsteps getting nearer and nearer.

'Yeah? Are you okay in there?'

'Yeah.. but I have no clothes. Would it be okay if I could get those sweatpants? Oh, and a vest or something maybe?'

'Oh god!' Ian exclaimed. 'Sure, I totally forgot. I'll get Kalel to bring some...'

Within minutes, Ian had slipped me some sweatpants and a purple vest by opening the door a crack and shoving them through the gap. I thanked him, got dressed and came out the door, folding the wet towel.

'Sorry about that, I should have asked before I got in the shower. So where shall I put this towel?'

'Oh, give it here. I'll put it in the dryer quickly.' He took the towel and scurried off. 

I walked into the living room. Kalel and Anthony were still playing Katamari Forever. I so badly wanted to play with them! I'd wanted to play Katamari for AGES but it's really hard to get in the UK.

I awkwardly stood there in the doorway, watching them play. Above me was a huge moustache and glasses set above the doorframe.

Their front room wasn't huge, sure. But it was still cosy. It attached onto the kitchen and there was a glass dining table in the corner. The walls were covered in cool comic-style art and a few canvases of Ian and Anthony. There were art pictures of them too

Did they draw themselves or something?

My eyes cast over to Anthony and Kalel were on the couch, snuggled up together.

What a cute couple.

Kalel had awesome electric turquoise hair, down to her chest. She had a really small build, like she could snap in two. Her figure was perfect, her eyes were beautiful and she had a really pretty face. Anthony had bangs, and his hair was darker than Ian's. He was fitter than Ian, but there wasn't a huge difference.