Chapter VII ~ Ian ~ Love is only a feeling

Chapter 7 ~ Song: Another Love by Tom Odell (probably don't play it until there is a <!> in the text. It doesn't fit in for a while!)

Ian Hecox

You know what, it had been a really fun afternoon. After the events of the morning, I was expecting to cry all day. But, Misty had turned that awful day into almost a good one. My heart panged thinking of Lily..I'd almost forgotten about that after Misty came over. I would think about it later.

I wasn't expecting Misty to stay for so long. I was thinking she'd probably ask to leave as soon as we'd towelled her dry. But she seemed sincere, happy to be with us. She obviously didn't recognize me and Anthony from YouTube, and I was glad of that. If we had taken a fangirl smosher home, she probably would hyperventilate the whole time, and never leave. As much as I love our fanbase for all they've done for us, some of them can get pretty crazy.

Anthony and Kalel liked her. I was happy about how they were so accepting of me taking a random girl home, with my leather jacket draped over her.

And Misty...well she was just so- nice. And funny. And friendly. She didn't seem intimidated at all, only a tad nervous at the start. She was really pretty too. Her long hair hung down to her waist. She looked really naturally gorgeous. She wasn't too makeup mad either, just a bit of eyeliner and mascara, not like I know much about makeup. She looked like she had a bit of blush on, but maybe that was natural.

It was almost good to spend some time with someone that wasn't Anthony, Kalel, any of the Smosh Games crew and definitely not Lily. My heart panged again thinking of what happened. I took a long, hard sniff.

But for now, I decided to savour this moment, with my new found friend. This was strange, I'd never become so friendly with someone within one day. We'd really hit it off.

Misty got in my car. I revved up the engine, reversed out the drive and started to cruise down the road.

'So, where do you reside at, at the moment?' I asked.

She fumbled in the pocket of Kalel's sweatpants and took out an iPhone.

'Darra's Parade. Number 15.'

'Woah, don't even have to use the satnav. I know where that is! It's a good 15 minutes drive. Better than an hours walk though!'

'Look at ya, you know your way around here obviously, giraffe.'

'I guess I do, horsey. So if it's a house... is it all yours?' I asked.

'No.. no no,' she responded. 'My mum rented it out for me. It's this guy called Jay's house. I'm just renting his spare room until I can find some cash to get my own studio flat or something. It'll take a while, but I'll do it somehow. All I gotta do is find a job.'

Model? I thought.

'Ah, you'll find one around here,' I assured her. 'There's a load of cafes, bars, stuff like that. Or McDonalds.' I joked.

Misty laughed, 'Can you imagine me in one of those uniforms? I'd just sit and eat all the fries. Nom.'

I chuckled and looked back at the road. She made a text quickly. I peered over and saw it was to her Mom. I left her to it and carried on driving.

After a few minutes (yeah, it was a long text,) I started back up the conversation.

'Well I have to admit, it's been really nice having you over, Misty, seriously. I haven't had that much fun in ages. To be honest, I really needed that.'

'So did I,' Misty replied. 'Thankyou. I wasn't expecting you all to be so...' she trailed off, trying to find the correct words.

'Weird?' I suggested, and laughed.