Chapter XXXXII ~ Misty ~ Scrambled Thoughts, Scrambled Feelings

• Dedicated to John

I know- a month between chapters, I'm getting dreadful, but my final GCSEs are approaching and, well, I'm terrified and revising hard. I also had a bereavement so sorry that I wasn't around.

Forget that, though- here's a brand new chapter. Hopefully the next one won't take a month again.

18,000 reads?! This is getting crazy. Thank you all again. I appreciate every read, vote and comment so so much! 

Have a lovely week!

Lots of love,

fluffie xoxo

Chapter 42 ~ Misty Cooper

I didn't know where I was; I'd entered found the first empty room I'd found- but it was cold.

It was all true. All those rumours, everything I was sworn by all those smoshers. I wasn't being cheated on: I was the mistress. Ian was always with Lily. He just used me as his play thing.

Ian was cheating on Lily with me. He allowed me to be beaten up by an entire fanbase. He brought me here, but who did he really want to see? Lily.

The way he kissed her, the way their lips entertwined, their tongues touched...it seemed too comfortable, too routine. Like they always did it. It came too naturally, the way she looked at him, the way she tapped him on the shoulder as if he'd just gotten a bit distracted from their kiss. Her light words: 'What are you looking at?' were composed. It was undeniable. He still loved her.

I struggle to empty the picture from my head, but I c a n ' t. It replays in my head like a little film. Ian's soft lips are meant to kiss mine like that, not hers. His icy eyes have to interlock with my dark brown ones, not her contact lense green ones. It's as if someone has cut me out and pasted her into my position instead; all I can do is look on and watch.

I want to be away, away from everything. Stay hidden, pretend I don't exist.

As if nothing ever happened.

There's a general blur of noise. Back in that bar, it's probably as if nothing really has happened. They don't realise that one girl's life has crumbled before her eyes within the last few minutes. It's all in rubble around her, not even worth picking up the pieces. How for a minute could she have believed that somebody really loved her? She was a freak, a ugly, short, weird freak. And she thought she could have dated internet star Ian Hecox?

I'm furious, I'm upset, I'm having a mental breakdown...but it's too late.

I couldn't ever change my feelings. I still loved Ian.

He became the love of my life all too long ago.

It's cold...so cold. It's summer. I know it's raining outside, still, but it's usually like a warm shower. I keep shivering for no reason. It's as if I'm in a mental asylum. Maybe they'll throw me into one for being crazy enough to believe that I could date Ian Hecox.

All the fans were right. I wasn't a slut, but Ian was.

I gave him my heart, but he had already given his to someone else.

I'd tried so hard this weekend. I'd had a shitty day, I'd been kicked around by the smosh fans, I'd dealt with all of it. I was the one with all the hate, the texts. It was rough, and I kept pushing through, fighting, persevering. I still stayed happy for Ian, to not ruin anything for him. I gave him everything, because he was my everything. I was prepared to deal with anything to be with the person I truly loved. I was desperate to not ruin this weekend for him. The tables have been truly turned. But not only my weekend has been ruined.