Chapter XXII ~ Misty ~ Deep breath

HOLYSHITILOVEYOUGUYS

The reads keep going up and the comments are so lovely. Thanks for all the votes, they mean so much. I can't believe you like this ;u;

here's some more drama...it's been more rushed than normal though as I've had to fit it in around school prizegiving (basically lots of music rehearsals until 9pm after school) this week.

STILL I LOVE YOU ALL

fluffie

<3 <3 <3

Chapter 22Misty Cooper

Song:  All my friends by LCD Soundsystem (have I done this before? Bet I have. Let me know ;) ) 

Me, Ian and Anthony were left staring in the direction in which Kalel had stormed off.

'I...' Anthony began. But he was speechless. His eyes fogged up and I knew he was already close to tears.

'It's alright, dude,' Ian assured him, and gave him a hug. Whilst Anthony was over his shoulder Ian mouthed 'HELP ME.'

But I'd already decided what I was gonna do. I was the only one that could fix this.

'Stay here, guys. I'll sort this.' I declared. Ian smiled approvingly and gave me a thumbs up.

'No, Misty... she gave me that look,' Anthony said, an air of panic in his voice. 'She doesn't wanna see anyone, not me, not anyone.'

'It'll be a girl thing,' I told him.

'She's-'

'Look at me, Anthony.' I demanded, taking his hand and giving it a squeeze. 'I will make her come back if it's the last thing I do.'

Before he could protest, I was up and shoving through the crowd. It had started to build up, and now it was really busy around the stage. I checked my watch. I had twenty-five minutes to find Kalel or I would miss by far the coolest interview I would ever see.

'Nice scarf,' people commented and yelled, talking about my Lady Rainicorn scarf. I was adamant the majority of the comments were sarcastic but just dismissed anyone who made a comment with a quick 'Cheers'. The crowd seemed to go on for ever and the bustle of people was hard to dig through, especially at my height. I looked out for Kalel's vibrant turquoise hair.

I really badly wanted my latte, but I guess this took higher importance. The last thing I wanted was for Anthony to be unhappy the rest of the day. And even though I didn't know Kalel all that well, I still liked her a lot. I wouldn't pick one over the other, but I knew I needed to get them back together.

I suddenly saw a shock of bright blue hair in the crowd, and then it disappeared. I followed where I saw it, pushing past people's chests, feeling very short. It was impossible to see who was who through the many colours and not having my glasses on wasn't helping me in the slightest. I desperately scanned people's legs for a pair of red leather leggings, but I wasn't having any luck. I tried searching for interesting shoes, and almost got distracted by a brilliant pair of Link cosplay boots but restrained myself and kept my eyes focused on looking for Kalel.

I was looking at the farthest away shoes when I ran straight into someone. 'Sorry,' I mumbled, and looked up to make eye contact. It was Kalel. She had some tears in her eyes. Shit, there had been drama today.

It transpired that we'd been so close, but I hadn't even looked up in ages to see for myself.

'Kalel!' I breathed.