Chapter XXXXV ~ Ian ~ Her Secrets Revealed

I can hardly believe you guys' support recently, even though I've barely been here. Here's an update, I hope I'll be able to update over the next week as well. Exams are done so I am freeeeeee!

Enjoy!

-fluffie xox

Chapter 45 ~ Ian Hecox

I fucked up. I fucked up the entire performance. I forgot the majority of my lines, and couldn't even improvise. Every time I tried to focus myself, I saw Misty in my head. I couldn't do it. Alongside tiredness, I couldn't think of anything but her.

Needless to say, Anthony was pissed off beyond belief. Once we'd managed to somehow bring the performance to a close (Anthony saved the day with the T-shirt cannon,) Anthony stormed off. Kalel had restrained him and brought him back to me, insisting that he was overreacting.

But now...we had to look for Misty. Kalel gripped Anthony's hand and pulled him with us outside. He was furious, but Kalel could just about suppress him. 'Anthony! Get over it. You can't change it. You can't change what happened up there!'

'Get off, Kalel- I want to go-'

'No, Anthony. You're coming with us to find Misty.' Kalel insisted, tugging Anthony with us towards a cab. I got in, Kalel followed, and Anthony joined us reluctantly. Kalel told the driver to take us to the Katrina and he nodded solemnly, looking somewhat perplexed.

'Maybe she lost her phone,' I suggested as we began to drive, 'And that's why we couldn't get in touch with her.'

'Or maybe, she just doesn't want to-'

Kalel shushed Anthony. 'Maybe,' she agreed with me, knowing that Anthony was still pissed off because of what happened on stage. 'We'll go to the Katrina bar.'

'Yeah,' I agreed. 'Thanks Kalel...I just need to find her.'

The cab took us to the Katrina seemingly at a snail's pace. I was raring to go, desperate to go find Misty. Anthony was tapping his foot, and Kalel was perched between us, like a despairing mother trying to get two bickering brothers to get along.

'Look you guys, Ian fucked up, twice. We know.'

I looked at Kalel, hurt by her cutting remark.

'But we gotta find Misty,' she carried on. 'She's a part of our team. We won't get anywhere without her.'

'Yeah, I know,' Anthony sighed, and sat up. 'Sorry Ian, it's just-'

'I fucked up big time,' I admitted, turning to look straight at Anthony. 'It's not just Lily's fault. It's mine too for being a stupid douche. And what happened on stage was nothing to do with you, you did everything perfectly. I was the one who messed up and we have to tell Alloy that.'

'It wasn't-'

'It was. What happened last night threw me off entirely.'

'It's okay,' Anthony said calmly. I knew he understood me, finally. Of all the people, Anthony would always be the one that fully understood everything. 'Look, don't worry about it now,' he said earnestly, and gave me a small, slightly reluctant smile. I smiled back. I knew this wasn't sorted, but it was better than being in a fight.

'Thanks.'

We watched as our taxi pulled up in the Katrina car park. Rain was pattering against the rear window, building up before it was wiped away by the windscreen wipers. The sky was clogging up with clouds.

'Right,' Kalel said, looking at her phone. 'We've got an hour until your signing. Let's get in there and do this.' She pulled out her wallet from her purse and took out a note. Before I could thrust my own money into the driver's hand, she did it herself and exited the taxi. I sighed as I opened the door into the rain.