Chapter XXXXIV ~ Misty ~ More Disaster

Hello, my friends-

Next chapter! Sorry- it's been over a month. Due to exams- but only 4 days left of them. I've done 19 exams. Only 4 more to go!

God, the reads on this have shot up. This time last year I'd received my first comment and gotten to 200 reads. Now my story has 23,000 reads. THAT IS INSANE. Thank you.

I've almost finished writing the next 4 chapters so hopefully they'll all be up in quick succession over the next few weeks.

Lots of love to y'all-

fluffie xox

EDIT: Crap! I forgot to rename the chapter...! It's called ss everywhere- I'll find a name asap!

Chapter 44 ~ Misty Cooper

My eyes eased themselves open at 11:30am, but the lateness felt like it didn't matter anymore. I had no boyfriend to get up for. It felt like weeks since Ian betrayed me, but I wasn't used to it yet. I'd never be.

Occasionally, I'd forget it had all happened, the thought of Ian would move me upwards, embracing me with two hands, then I'd remember and it would push me back to the ground.

I lifted up my heavy phone by my bedside. Phil had plugged my phone into his charger so that it now was on almost full charge: I smiled gratefully, and scrolled through my notifications.

There were missed calls after missed calls on my phone- all from Ian, some of them even dialled at 4am. I was at a loss whether to reply or not; in the end, I wasn't deciding anything over phone. I wanted to see him in person, not through a screen- but at the same time, I didn't know if I wanted to see him at all. It was all such a mess.

And amongst the missed calls was another stalker text, sent last night at about 10pm. I'd almost forgotten the prospect that the stalker was within visible distance yesterday. They were close, too close. Not this, please, right now I didn't need this. My hands shook, and before I knew it the familiar icy feeling of dread had returned. Holding my breath, hands shaking, I read the text:

Looks like you found out. You got what you deserved.

My eyes welled. I guess I had.

For the first time, I typed back a brief message with trembling fingers.

Leave me alone.

I exhaled shakily. I had gotten what I deserved; I'd been a crap girlfriend. Perhaps Ian was better off without me ruining his fame- all I did was get in the way. It was due to me that Ian almost didn't go to Vidcon. I'd caused drama on countless occasions just by merely existing. Lily was the sort of girl Ian needed, not some ugly lowlife like me. Ian needed someone who could take the comments easily and be likeable.

The rate at which tears left my eyes began to accelerate at a faster rate than I could keep control; even though last night had almost seemed to act as a painkiller, the pain was hitting me now, more than it initially had.

I'd lost the love of my life; he didn't love me anymore. I had nobody, nobody who loved me. Everyone would take Ian's side, in the end he was the famous one, I was the girl he dragged along, the girl who believed it all. I looked down at my awful hair, my round stomach, my thunder thighs. How did I believe that Ian wanted me?