Chapter 30: Transfer Students

"-and that's why they are here!" Mikan gestured at the three guests with a tentative close-eyed smile, hoping to ease the burning glare that was being directed at her being, after finishing the story. Natsume's eyes softened for a minuscule and shook his head to let her know that she was forgiven.

All of them were situated at the living room after Natsume and Kazune screamed at the girls in worry. It turns out, when they woke up from Kaylina's realm, the girls were nowhere in sight. Not to mention that they freaked out from discovering they can sense people's aura and felt more stronger than before.

During Mikan's story, Sakura, Syaoran and Tomoyo made a wise decision to stay quiet -they can literally feel the flames surrounding the raven haired lad- while Karin clicked her tongue in annoyance. Kazune was still staring at her with crossed arms.

And he was sitting just beside her!

'Talk about creepy.'

Faking a cough to get their attention, the peach blond pointed at the raven haired lad, "Let me introduce you. He's Natsume Hyuuga and-" Then to the blond still staring at her. "He's Kazune Kujyou. Guys, these are Tomoyo Daidouji, Syaoran Li and Sakura Kinomoto." She pointed at the trio respectively. 

"Nice to meet you!" The CCS trio bowed from their seats.

"Likewise."

"...Hn."

Karin motioned Mikan to sit beside her and when the latter raised an eyebrow at the raven haired lad, he refused. She just shrugged. "To start this off, Kaylina already told you that you are more than you actually think, right? The truth is, Sakura is actually a royalty originating from another galaxy."

"Royalty?!" Tomoyo gasped in awe. 

Syaoran's jaw dropped. 

Sakura blinked.

The next two hours, Karin retold the story of Kaylina sealing Erastus, the same version she told Mikan once the brunette transferred to her school. Then about the Ancient Core Magic and how their powers originated from it, the two generals who sent demons after them, their stay at Alice Academy up to the conversation of choosing their protectors.

"So I have to choose a protector?" Sakura asked, not sure how to feel about the idea. But Tomoyo does, according to the glint in her eyes.

"Ho, ho, ho! I already know Sakura will choose Mister Li as her protector!" She clutched at her camera with glittering eyes. "My dream of capturing Sakura's battle on tapes has continued! Ho ho ho!" 

The other occupants sweat dropped at her. 

Syaoran faked coughed. "So what about Sakura's transformation? Can she still use her cards?"

"Wait! Before that, I have a question. When I first saw Kaylina, there were rings surrounding her." Sakura frowned. "I just remember it now, and that her...realm is losing its colors."

Karin mirrored her expression. "Originally, there were five of those rings. When Kaylina used the Incarnation Spell, she was imprisoned in a realm created by her own power, so she didn't die like we thought. Those rings limits her powers to communicate and...recovering our memories."

Natsume stiffened at that. "Wait, so-"

The peach blond nodded. "Yeah, we didn't actually recovered all our memories. Only those that are necessary. But now that Sakura has transformed, she broke the third ring and some of our memories should be returning soon." She nodded gratefully at the brunette who smiled. "However, that doesn't mean she can immediately contact us."