Chapter 25- Stay in Alice Academy (Day 3)- Part 4

With Karin...

I walked for half an hour, brushing away low branches and dodging trees as I ran. The only thing heard in the depths of the night is my footsteps and ragged breathing. I paused, my hands on my knees as I panted. I was about to run again when a scream tore the silent air.

And not just any scream...

"KAZUNE!!" I ran, my heart beating fast in apprehension and fear. Only one thought repeated in my mind: Save Kazune. 

Finally, I saw a light on the other side of the bushes. I tore through the green shrubs and I froze at what I saw in front of me. I couldn't speak. I couldn't breath. I can only...

Cry!

I fell to my knees, covering my mouth with my hands as tears streamed down my cheeks. 

"Happy Anniversary, Karin."

In front of me was Kazune holding a huge bouquet of flowers. Behind him was a blue and green checkered cloth spread over the grass with a picnic basket and a candle holder on it, just in front of the majestic lake. But the one that made me cry the most is the fireflies above that formed the words, 'I love you forever, always'.

He slowly neared me and knelt on one knee, grabbed my arms, and helped me up. Once standing, he wrapped his arms around me. I just cried, hating myself for a moment.

How could I forget my own wedding anniversary?!?!

November 8. Our anniversary as Suzuka and Kazuto.

How can I forget that?!

"I-I'm...so...h-horrible!" I cried out. "I-I..."

"Shh. It's fine." Kazune rested his chin on my head. "Now that I know everything, I guess I can't blame you."

I pulled myself away from him, sniffling. "Y-You're not mad?" 

"Of course not!" He laughed. He held out the bouquet and I accepted it, smelling the scent of the flowers. 

I smiled brightly as we walked to the cloth and sat down. When I looked back to the space above us, the fireflies were nowhere to be seen.

I blinked. "Huh? Where did they go?"

"They who? Oh! You mean those fireflies?"

I nodded.

"Well, they're gone, obviously."

I mentally rolled my eyes. Thank you for stating the fact Captain Obvious! 

"By the way, how did you made them form like that?" Now I was curious.

He winked while placing a finger in front of his mouth while saying, "Secret~" In a singsong voice.

WHY THAT CHAUVINISTIC PIG!!

I inwardly sighed. 

"So..." Kazune trailed off then held the basket with his hand. "Let's start our picnic!" 

I giggled and nodded. We spread out the food and began eating. 

TIMESKIP 

After placing the leftovers back to the basket, we just went to staring at the lake and stars while talking about random things.

"Hey, Karin."

I turned my head to the side and saw Kazune looking a little nervous. I blinked. "Yes?"

"U-Um, I...uhh-you see, I thought...um."

I raised an eyebrow in confusion. What got him so nervous about?