Chapter 13- Underestimating

Open...

Blink...

Close...

Open again...

"Miiikkaaannn~"

SLAP!

"OW! What was that for?!"

"That was for scaring me!"

"...Sorry."

Mikan's eye twitched at Karin's sheepish smile. Anyone would've been creep out when someone dragged your name creepily and lowly while you just woke up from sleep. Then that hit her. "Wait, where am I?" She looked around the room.

Red-vine wallpapers and a lot of stuff any girls want. Except Karin, probably.

"Why are we in my room? Weren't we suppose to train?" Mikan tilted her head in confusion as she slowly sat on her bed. She glanced at her attire and was surprised that she wore the same clothes before she transformed.

Karin narrowed her eyes from her seat on Mikan's left. "Do you remember anything?" She asked with her arms crossed while lifting her leg over the other, trying to appear professional.

Mikan's eyebrow rose. "Remember wha-" Then everything came back. Falling stars, releasing full power of her Alices, frozen fire, a rod twirling around her, the scene changes, her friends, their hurtful words, her talking back, and passing out.

Her whole form trembled as she remembered their words. It hurt her. She hugged her knees to her chest and lowered her head. "T-They...I-I..." She exhaled heavily to stop herself from sobbing.

Karin bit her lip. Maybe it was not a good idea for her to trap Mikan into that illusion. But it was the only way to snap the brunette from her anger or her Alice would destroy the Royal Dimension.

She got up from her seat and proceeded near the other girl and embraced her for comfort. "Cry it out, Mikan. Let it all out." She whispered in a soothing tone.

"Ahhhh, why?!... Why?!... Am I...not...good enough?! Am...I really...that pathetic?" Mikan screamed, not caring that she started to sob heavily.

Karin's heart broke inside. She shed a few tears as she hugged the brunette tighter. "I'm sorry, Mikan. I shouldn't have done that but I had no choice."

Mikan sniffled and lifted her head to look at her, trying in vain to wipe her tears. "W-What do y-you mean?"

Karin fidgeted, looking uneasy. But seeing the confused and pleading look on the brunette, she answered, "Y-You see, your aura was black and you keep producing occasional sparks of electricity. Not to mention your Alices were getting out of control." Mikan flinched at this but her gaze remained in Karin's green eyes. "I also felt a huge amount of anger rolling from you in waves. Something must have provoked you, something I did, that allowed you to attack me viciously." At this, Mikan's face took a look of shame. "So I trapped you in an illusion to vent the anger out or you would have destroyed the Royal Dimension." The peach-blond explained in a reasoning tone. Who knows what Mikan would do to her. Though she does have an acceptable reason, her actions might be a little too harsh.

"What's the Royal Dimension?" Mikan couldn't help but ask.

"It's a dimension that five of us created when we want to take a break from our duties or to simply train ourselves or other people."

"Oh."

"Seriously though, you were all big and might back there but then your confidence was shattered just as this...Hotaru person spoke up. Wow, what a letdown." It was supposed to be a harmless joke but it seem that it did the opposite. Only when Mikan wiped her tears, her head down so her bangs covered her eyes that Karin realized her mistake.