Chapter 33: Return to the Royal Dimension

Karin waved goodnight at a drowsy Mikan and closed her door. She immediately slipped in her bed when a familiar tugging feeling pulled her from her usual dreamland.

~**~

"This is surprising." The peach blond muttered with crossed arms as she stared blankly at the sheepish golden-blond in front of her. "Why do you always call me randomly? You should be stronger now, and yet you only visit when something big is coming." Her eyes lowered in a glare. "Care to explain why?"

Kaylina sheepishly smiled. "Yes, but...I don't know what to say."

Stare. "... That's it?"

"..."

"Mikan is upset that you only visited her very rarely. More so when you always come to me. She thinks you're playing favorites." The last part had an accusing tone to it. Kaylina inwardly winced at that and looked away.

"I an aware and I am willing to make up for it, especially to Sakura. You still have to teach her the binding ritual again."

"We already planned that. Natsume and Kazune has yet to use their powers, I am planning to take them all to the dimension tomorrow evening."
Kaylina smiled softly as she stared at the other girl's eyes. "Yes-"

"And you must be there to help us." Karin cut in.
Kaylina was suspicious at the strong persuasion in her voice. "If you say so." She replied slowly. Hundreds of possibilities ran through her mind.
"Promise?"
Now her suspicion grew. Her mind sorted out the possibilities that will most likely come true.
"Promise." Kaylina's eyes narrowed when there's only one piece left to complete the puzzle. Already, she dreaded the picture.

Karin smirked mischievously.
"Good, because Eriol will be there."

Her mind flashed red. Her eyes widened slightly when she realized the peach blond's intentions. She opened her mouth to take her words back, only to realize she already promised. Once a promise is made, you can't take it back.

Sighing in defeat, she nodded. "Very well, I accept."
'It is time to settle something as well.'

Karin hid a smile.
Then remembered that Kaylina called her for something; which was why she is in the golden-blond's dimension in the first place.
And it seems she realized it too.

"Talim and Garam, remember them?"
A swell of irritation and anger bubbled in the peach blond's chest at the reminder of the demons who caused chaos within Alice Academy.
"What about them?"
"I gave you Protectors for a reason."

"They are also one of Erastus' minions and they specialize in magic, but I do not know of what kind. There are two of them together. Talim and Garam will surely join in and since I cannot let you face all of them so I figured that you and Karin will need a Protector."

"Yes, Zaro and...Lito, was it?" She tried to remember the encounter with the twins a while back. "They said that their magic is...Malus?" Kaylina's eyes narrowed at this. "So we'll be fighting four demons. What's this meeting got to do with that?"

Kaylina gestured her arm around instead of answering. Karin just realized that almost all the space around them was tainted black. Shock eyes snapped to the caged girl with mouth open in speechlessness.

Solemn eyes replied. "This is also the reason why I cannot visit you always. The magic that Sakura was able to send from her first phase was used to slow down the effects of the darkness. I do not know how long it will take but I am doing the best I can to delay it."