Chapter 4- Free

"Mhm.." Mikan groaned. She slowly fluttered her eyes open when she felt herself leaning on something hard. She flinched and cautiously turn her head to the person and had to stop her jaw from dropping again. It turns out that the some 'thing' turned out to be some 'one'.

"Had a nice nap?"

Mikan stared at him. "Are you really my brother?" She asked, unconvinced. Though her uncle told her of her parents, he didn't mention any siblings. Her expression went blank again. 'Then again, he didn't tell me he was alive and he was my uncle when I first came to the school.'

Persona nodded. "I know it's a lot to think in but...well, I want to say sorry when I tried to kill you when you first came to the academy. I did it to protect you from the ESP." Seeing the suspicion in her eyes, he explained. "I made a promise to Mom and Dad that I will protect you from him. From ever stepping foot on the academy. When I heard from Kuonji that you were currently on school grounds, I had to stop myself from killing him when he told me of his plan to steal your Alice and use you."

Silent met him. Well what did he expect? Her taking it in all right and say-

"Apology accepted."

Apolo- wait WHAT?!

The DA Class Teacher was taken aback. "What?"

Mikan shrugged, letting her guard down. "I said I forgive you. Besides, that was all in the past now and I'm over it. I also noticed that you made Na-" She inwardly cringed. "Hyuugago to less dangerous missions." She smiled warmly at him. "So don't worry about it. I might have overreacted at your lack of intimidation and the sudden news of having a brother-well..."She made a gesture of her closed hands popping open like something exploding.

"So tell me about yourself."

Persona allowed a small smile on his face. He averted his gaze  to the front of the limo and leaned on his seat. "My real name is Rei Serio Yukihara. I was actually adopted by our parents but they treat me as their own. When the ESP discovered my Alice, he took me by force and trained me into a killer. I learned to mask my emotions. But...when you defeated him, I felt free and guilty since...you know." Mikan could see that it made him uncomfortable and didn't push him. "I feel like there was this barrier of sadness and torture that keeps me locked in when I'm with him, unable to break. I was merely his puppet, his tool- but then you cut the strings." His smile became smaller. "I became free because of you never giving up on anyone."

Mikan stared in surprise. She didn't know what to say except smile and nod. She gazed out of the window, watching the trees and scenery's that passed by. "When can be free?" She whispered.

A comfortable silence fell on them.

"Hey...Rei?"

"Hm?"

"Sorry about what I said of your engagement. Congratulations by the way."

Rei smiled. "Thank you."

~*~*~*~

OMG! I haven't updated for months! I think.... Anywho! I know some of you are wondering 'WHERE THE HELL IS THE BEST PART?!' and all but please be patient! *sheepish smile* I am really busy with school that I have no time to update!

Also, thank you for reading this story! Even though it's slow, I will try my best to update more! *-*

And never fear! I will make the next chapter longer! 

Please Vote and Comment! And Read more! Once again, thanks! 

P. S I don't own Gakuen Alice.

Ja ne~