Chapter 23- Stay in Alice Academy (Day 1)

"Why are we going there again?"

"Just because!"

"Tell me!"

"I will when we get there!"

"But they'll be there!"

"You'll survive a simple confrontation."

"But-"

"Lead."

Mikan quickened her pace once she saw Karin's darkened eyes. They were currently in the halls leading to the brunette's old classroom. For the past half an hour, Mikan pestered the peach blonde why they were heading there. But the only response she got was 'secret' or 'just because' which infuriated her. 

She was wearing a dark blue jeans, white tank top- that has a sparkled heart in the middle- with black blazers and a pair of light blue sandals, her hair was put into a high pony tail. Karin was wearing a blue ruffled skirt with pink halter top that has a flowery neckline, a black butterfly belt and a pair of flip flops, her hair was tied into a French braid.

When they paused in front of a door, Mikan glanced at the hanging sign. Class 2-B. Taking a deep breath, she opened the door.

Karin's breath hitched. 'T-This aura...It's the same as before.' She thought. She was too frozen to know what happened next.

Immediately, all chatters inside the class froze; the students also. All of them were staring at the brunette with regret, sadness and guilt. And seeing them all, Mikan can't help but feel her chest tightens. 

When her gaze wandered around the room, her eyes caught the familiar depths of crimson. Heat crept to her cheeks but she forced herself to calm down. Now her gaze landed on a pair of purple irises. She was feeling the familiar urge to lunge at her but she struggled to gain her composure.

Taking her eyes off, she cleared her throat and spoke up. "Excuse me for a minute, a friend of mine was asking me to show her around. Karin." Silence. "Karin." She called again without looking back. Again, only silence replied. "Karin?" Now turning her body, she found Karin frozen with her eyes wide in shock and she was slightly shaking. "What's wrong, Karin?" She asked, worried.

Karin snapped out from her trance and saw Mikan looking worried. "Mikan, we need to talk." After saying that, she detected the same presence again, only this time it was much closer. Grabbing the brunette's hand, she pulled her out of the class' view and teleported themselves somewhere. Natsume and Hotaru, together with the gang, stood up from their seats to followed them, only to see them disappear with no trace. 

Beside the cherry blossom tree behind the school, a flash of light shone before revealing both girls. Karin approached the trunk of the tree and leaned on the hard, woody surface. 'That aura...' She thought, cupping her chin. 'It's the same presence I sensed yesterday. It was faint and barely there but I was able to detect it. However...' Glanced at the confused brunette in front of her. 'Mikan didn't. Then again, among her skills, detection is her weakest.'

"Karin, what was that for?" 

'Not to mention-' Her eyes narrowed in suspicion. '-the presence feels like it was there for a long time. Specifically the same time before Mikan left. Is it a demon working behind her friend's behavior? It makes sense though.'  

"Ugh, Karin! Why are we here? And you do know we are not supposed to use our powers in case somebody might see us, right? What's with you lately? Are you o-"

"Doesn't matter." The blonde was quick to reply. "I have a hunch but I don't like it."

Placing her hands on her waist, the brunette gave Karin an irritated look with a scowl on her face. "Have you forgotten that I don't even have a clue? Tell me already!"