Chapter 24- Stay in Alice Academy (Day 2)- Part 2

A/N READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END!

~*~*~*~

Mikan's hands started to move in a slicing motion, sending invisible wind blades straight towards the demons chest. Karin aimed her staff and sent a bolt of electricity. The demons dodged their attacks, one whose faster jumped above them and aimed its claws at the raven-haired amethyst eyed girl.

"HOTARU!" Mikan screamed as she tried to divert the claws away. But the demon was almost three feet away and she could accidentally hit Hotaru in the midst of her panic.

Natsume's POV...(Earlier) 

I was running after Mikan who, by now, was out of my sight. SHE LEFT ME! And in the middle of the kiss too! Damn, if that person didn't interrupt us, I would have dominated her lips. Fire burned in my eyes as I imagine the person burning alive. It was a short, sweet and rare moment...only to be ruined!

I rolled my eyes as I quickly pushed  away small branches of trees and shrubs. Is it me or am I getting dramatic? Anyways, I admit, seeing Mikan stutter and blush made me feel arrogant. Am I the only one who could do that to her? 

Smirking at the thought, I pushed my way through in between the shrubs and my eyes widens at the chaos around. But no time! A man passed by with fear in his eyes and I yelled, "Hey! Did you see Mikan?" Nobody needs to ask who she is because she is known all around in the academy.

The man paused and turned to me, panting. "T-Towards her friends." He answered. I nod in appreciation and headed to the center of the town. Following the faint figures of my friends, I also saw the person I was mad at earlier.

"Mikan!" 

Her friend, Karin I think, looked back before turning to Mikan and said something with a sly smile. What could she be saying? And why is Mikan blushing? When I reached them, Ruka gave me a relieved smile for no apparent reason. I was about to question him when a shout made us froze.

Looking behind, hearing scattering footsteps, we saw Jinno with the other teachers and...where the heck is gay lord?! Then someone pushed their way to the front and I saw him staring at Karin with a relieved look. Too bad I can't say the same to the other one.

"K-KAZUNE!" She screamed. "What are you doing here?!"

The Kazune guy's eyes glinted in something like anger. "I should asking you that, you stupid woman!" Woman? "When I heard screams, I saw you running towards here! Where danger is obviously is! ARE YOU CRAZY?! You could have gotten HURT! What are you doing here anyway?!"

Karin remained silent. Actually, all of us. We didn't know how to react but I...actually agree with the guy. No matter what Mikan learned during her leave- I don't even know  the real reason of her transfer to a non-Alice school- but her Nullification, Teleportation and Stealing with Insertion Alices aren't going to help her. Well, only for a fair amount of  time but by then, she'd pass out.

Which struck me.

WHY ARE THEY HERE?!

Jinno steps forward. "All of you, go to safety. Let us handle this." 

Karin and Mikan's eyes twitched before shouting, "WE CAN HANDLE OURSELVES!" I don't know why but some small part of me believes that. But disbelief overpowered it. 

"Mikan, that is enough!" I said, my tone left no room for arguments. I know how she always want to help others but this is beyond her! "Do as they say." 

Jinno reached to grab her arms but she broke free. My eyes twitched at her stubbornness.

"Karin." Kazune dude said with his eyes serious and narrowed in warning, his fists clenched.