Chapter 18- Explanation

Although filled with reluctance to act because of the tremendous power the girl now possessed, the Umbras rushed at the brunette with their claws glowing and ready to strike.

Mikan stood on her ground as they approached her. One of then lunged at her as the other spew miasma around her forming a ring, trapping the brunette. "Too easy." Making a sweeping motion, a gust of wind gathered around her and blew the miasma away. 

Sensing a presence behind her, she ducked as claws appeared on her head. She kicked the demon on the side and sent it flying on the other side of the room, forming a huge dent behind it. She jumped high to land on the other demon's shoulder and gathered her energy in her hand. 

The demon tried to take a hold of her legs but she jumped and twirled in mid air while facing her palm at it. Gusts of fire and water gathered at her palms and aimed it at the demon. "Aqua Fire!" The opposing elements charged at the demon in full speed and hit it square on the chest. It gave a loud cry as its body crumbled into ashes and disappeared into nothing.

Facing the other demon, she gasped when it was nowhere to be seen. A huge shadow loomed over her and was not quick enough to avoid it's crushing grip. She gasped as her vision tunneled and tried to get out of its grip. 

"Die, human!" It roared.

Mikan smirked as she gasped the words out. "I am more than just a human." Using her Teleportation Alice, she disappeared from its grip and appeared behind its head. She switched to her Strength Alice and kicked the top of his head, sending him below the ground where its head stayed on top. Appearing in front of him, she opened her palm and a ball of sparks formed. "I am a queen." She threw the ball at him and watched as the demon cried in pain from the shock. 

"That is not enough." Her eyes darkened. "You hurt Karin. So I'm going to hurt you." Stretching her arms, spheres of the four main elements appeared around the demon; fire, water, air and earth. With a flick of her wrist, all elements approached the demon. She watched in delight as the demon disappeared in ashes. She laughed when a sudden pain in her back made her lose consciousness, cancelling her transformation.

Karin stood behind her, looking irritated but not at the brunette. Her gaze went on the ceiling. "Really, Kaylina? You must have seen this coming, didn't you!" She said to no one in particular. Her gaze wandered around the room and sighed at the damage. She held out her hand that was glowing. "I guess I have to fix the damage."

~**~

3 hours later...  

Mikan opened her eyes and saw white. She bolted upright on the bed and looked around. "Where am I?"

"You're in the school infirmary." A familiar voice answered. 

The brunette's eyes welled up in tears. She lunged at the brunette and wrapped her arms around her. "Karin! I'm so glad you're okay!" She exclaimed in relief.

Karin giggled and tried to get out of Mikan's arms since her elbow was blocking her throat. "Let go of me, you idiot! You're suffocating me!" She gasped out.

Mikan quickly released  her as the peach blond greedily inhaled fresh air. She sweat dropped. "S-Sorry about that." Then a thought hit her. "Wait, why am I here?" She asked, tilting her head.

Karin's eye twitched. "Don't you remember? Your first transformation?"

SILENCE....

"MY WHAT?!" 

Karin sighed. She has a lot of explaining to do. 

"Mikan, do you remember what the feeling of your first transformation is?" She asked.