Chapter 35: Jewel of the Prophecy

Long time no see, everyone! I know you think I'm dead but as you can see...I'M PRETTY ALIVE! *disco*
A/N Please read the Authoress' Show at the end.
~*~*~
Kaylina smiled at the group and curtseyed. In return, the others bowed or followed her actions. "Nice to finally meet you all at once. And may I acknowledge Touya Kinomoto and Tomoyo Daidouji for being here." Touya nodded and Tomoto bowed her head. She smiled. "I trust that Natsume's and Kazune's transformation went well?"

Karin was the one to answer, "Yes, they have successfully transformed but has yet to test their abilities. For Syaoran, however..." The mentioned stared at the golden-blond in worry at that.

"Fret not. Like I said, all the more reason for him to be a Protector. But before he does, he must accept the task."

"Accept? I already-!"

"Not in a the way you thought it would be, little descendant." Eriol jumped down from the same tree Kaylina was in and landed beside her. The group were a little anxious at his serious and grim expression. "There is still something you must know before you actually become a Protector. A prophecy that only you can fulfill."

Everyone exchanged looks.

Syaoran couldn't believe what he was hearing. A prophecy? About him? His incredulous look caused the Clow reincarnation and the eldest queen to exchanged a meaningful glance. This action did not go unnoticed by the others. 

"Mister Li, if we may speak privately..."

Syaoran was quick to decipher the importance of their conversation. Giving a reassuring look to his girlfriend -and a quick glare to her brother- he followed the golden-blond towards the forest area. 

Karin, noticing the growing awkward atmosphere, tried to get their attention by saying, "Okay! Natsume and Kazune, come with me. Mikan and Sakura continue with you spar. Lord Clow..?" The others eyed her weirdly at the title, but soon Eriol just laughed it out.

"Just Eriol is fine. Being addressed as such is a little flustering." He smiled good-naturedly, then turned to the eldest male and human in the room. "Let's watch Sakura's spar, shall we? And oh!" He seemed to have remember something because he reached in his pocket. What he pulled out made Tomoyo's eyes sparkle and the others to sweat drop. 

"I thought you needed this."

~*~*~*~

Syaoran has been following the golden-blond as they went deeper in the forest. Scenarios and doubts plagued his mind that he barely registered that they finally arrived.

"We're here." 

A pink petal passed his unfocused gaze, pushing him to actually acknowledge their surroundings. His mouth dropped open and his eyes were wide in awe at the sight before him. A lone, majestic cherry blossom tree stood, all of its flowers in full bloom. It was standing in the middle of a grass field with a few flowers here and there and the trees around circled it as if serving as protection.

"How much do you know of your clan's history?" Her sudden question almost caught him off guard but he was quick to answer. 

"Enough for me to be the rightful heir...but I guess there is still something that I haven't quite known."

"Oh?"

"Yes. Like your meeting with Clow and the reason why the cards were created. Who knew that our ancestor was actually connected to someone from a different galaxy?" His tone suggested that he was eager to know more.

Kaylina's eyes softened. "Yes, be it chance or fate... Our meeting was one I will never forget. But enough of that! The prophecy that we mentioned earlier dated back during my and Clow's meeting. It spoke of how a shard of my magic will be granted to Clow's descendant. Know that what happened back then, at my universe, your lives, and now are all connected. The reason why you are not able to transform now is because you lack what one of the requirements to become a Protector."