Chapter 25- Stay in Alice Academy (Day 3)- Part 1

Some of the gang, minus the teachers, were now in a private infirmary watching over Mikan. Natsume made it his personal mission to be close to Mikan as possible, so that he will be the one whom she will see first. He sat on a chair on her right, holding her hand. Karin sat on the other side as she placed her glowing hand above the brunette's body, checking for any further wounds and injuries. Kazune sat on a long couch with his arms crossed and eyes closed. Near him sat Hotaru, who fell asleep on Ruka's shoulder as the latter slept on her head. 

Karon moved her hand away, smiling slightly, and said, "I've checked everything and it seems like she's back to normal. She's more powerful than before but I made sure to seal a huge quarter of it in her pendant."

"Pendant?" Natsume asked, his eyes drifted to the sun pendant around Mikan's neck then to the flower bell pendant around Karin's. He reached his hand out and touched the brunette's pendant, it glowed for a second. Feeling it in his hand, he asked, "What is this made of?"

"Ivory steel of the hardest kind but the color made it look breakable. The jeweled petals are actually magic-made created by Kaylina. It will never break." She answered.

He furrowed his brows. "Kaylina?"

"She's the eldest queen. The most powerful of us all. However, a fight with an enemy forced her to use her strongest revival spell that almost costs her life. Fortunately, she was only trapped in her own realm, waiting for us. The more Mikan, and the others, pass their phases, the stronger Kaylina will become until she's free from her cage."

"And this pendant is...?"

"Represents our loyalty and will. Kalina gave it to us as a sign of royalty and power. This is not an accessory but more of keeping our power in check. In other words, it also allows us to store our power in it." Karin allowed all the information to sink in. The information was not suppose to be told to a human -even though that human is an Alice-user- she just feel that maybe she could assure him that Mikan's going to be fine.

Natsume stayed silent. "H-How long will you be gone?" He inwardly cursed at himself when his voice slightly shook. Kazune's head shot up when he heard this, also wondering the same thing.

At this, Karin instantly change eye contact. "I don't know." She whispered. 

"What do you mean?" Kazune joined in the conversation.

"I mean, it depends on what we are facing. If Erastus is fighting with his minions and demons, then we will prepare our own army. We cannot defeat him if we are distracted with other opponents." Karin replied in a matter-of-fact tone.

Natsume clenched his right hand, the other grasping Mikan's hand gently. "So...this could take months?"

"Years. Possibly more." 

He hung his head as he stared at the brunette with sadden eyes. "I can't live without her."

"Me too." Kazune stated as he stared at Karin. The peach blond can only softly smile back.

~**~

"Mikan..." A soft voice called.

Mikan's eyes slowly opened. The first thing she saw was neon colors around her. She looked at herself and saw that she was in a sleeping position in mid air.

"Mikan." The voice called again.

Mikan floated up right and saw the person she wanted to see. "Kaylina!"

The golden blond girl smiled happily. "I see that you are alright." 

Mikan nodded. "I passed my second phase!" She cheered.