chapter 5

"He said he didn't like me anymore. He didn't love me. We didn't have sex for 6 months now. He took away the promise ring he gave me. I don't understand where did I go wrong " said Meg
"Did he tell you why?" asked Grace
"No" said Meg softly wiping her tears with her hands.
Grace was sitting next to her in the restaurant's couch. They were at their table. They ordered the food and wine. But Meg insisted on whisky.
Grace: Don't push it. If he loved you, he'd never do this to you. This clearly shows he doesn't have any interest in you anymore.
Meg: that's mean of him
Grace: it is...but so is the truth, dear.
Meg: Grace, you're lucky you are not in a relationship. Love sucks!
Grace: lucky? Dear,if it's love.it will last. If it's not,it won't.
Meg: So,you're saying what I shared with Chad isn't love?
Grace: I didn't say that, dear. What I'm trying to tell you is that, if you love someone, you'd just look for any reason to stay with them. He broke up with you for no legit reason. That explains how much he loved you. Maybe you did loves him but love is a two way street. You gave love,he didn't take.
Meg: He didn't give either.
Grace: I'm sorry, Meg.
"you're sorry for being right? " asked Meg smiling lightly.
Grace smiled and said " I'm sorry he made you cry, if you need anything, I'm right here"
Meg: Grace?
Grace: yeah?
Meg: will you marry me?
Grace laughed at her words and so did Meg...
"keep laughing, keep smiling " said Grace.
"with a friend like you by my side,I'm always smiling "said Meg
Grace:Awww....
They pay the check and walk out of the restaurant.
Meg: hey,I think we should go out for a long drive.. I'm not feeling like going home now.
Grace: it's 10 in the night.
Meg: the night's still young babe
Grace: I have college tomorrow plus I have to go baby sit my aunt's baby.
Meg: we'll be back by morning dear.
Grace: where are we going anyway?
Meg: there's a nice river on the out skirts of town. We have to pass the bridge, and 80 miles from there. Please please please???
Grace: fine! I need to be at home by 5 in the morning okay?
Meg: done!
Grace: Hop in. You're in for a ride now.
Meg: Yay!!!!
Meg and Grace talk and listen to music. They listen to Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez Katy Perry and so on.
Meg: these girls are the bomb for an after break up therapy.
Grace laughs loudly uncontrollably.
They pass the bridge and Grace drives faster from there.
Meg takes a nap in the car while listening to the music. Grace thinks to herself "poor thing. he broke up with her.she didn't deserve to be treated that way " and looks at Meg,who is practically snoring lightly. Grace looks at her face and smiles in grief.
As she passes by the 40 mile sign,she sees a car crashed into another car. The front part of the car is crushed. Grace slows down the car and sees that the tail lights were still on. She stops the car immediately.