Chapter-66

"Today we're standing here to mourn the death of a very kind and giving person, Grace Eva.
Grace... Unlike any other young woman,  was very kind a-" the man with the Bible in his hand was interrupted by Zac.
Zac's parents, Grace's parents, Meg and Meg's parents,Mark and his family, and few other friends of Grace came to mourn her at the funeral. They all suddenly face Zac as he interrupted the man's speech.

"Do you mind if I could say a few words?" said Zac.
"Sure, my son" said the man and stepped aside.

Zac held a bunch of roses in his hands. Each rose of different color.  He put the bouquet on Grace's coffin, placing it near her hands.

He pulled out the bracelet he gave to her.

"To me, Grace was not just a girlfriend. She was my everything.  She's the reason for my smile.  She's the reason why I strive to live. She is the reason I've become who I am today.... She left all of us behind...  This is the day where I'm supposed to be Married to her and keep her happy... This is the day where I was supposed to promise my vows to her.  She... Lost her life in a tragic accident....  She has seen the worst of her life in these 25 years of her life.  This is not her loss. This is our loss. We've lost a great person who has always strived to be kind,loving and giving...A selfless soul and a brave woman. Her beauty lies in her strength and her ability to love is selfless. Grace... I know you can hear me and I know that you're here... Always know that I have and I will always love you. Always and forever just like I promised. I'm sorry I couldn't keep you here... " Zac broke into tears. He held Grace's hand one last time and kissed on her forehead leaving his tears on her eyelids.
"I love you " He whispered to her.

He held the bracelet even tighter and put it in his pocket. 

Soon everyone else mourned and said their few words about Grace.  Zac stood there till the end and watched everyone leave. 

Grace's dad was just broken inside out. He looked devastated. Grace's mom was depressed.  No one could believe that Grace actually died. 

Something no one could ingest was she died on the day of her wedding with Zac. Everyone felt even bad for Zac.

Zac helped in burying her coffin in the ground. He did everything he could to stay with Grace in his last moments with her. His heart died.  He couldn't shake the feeling.  It was raw and reeling. 

~~~~few days later ~~~~

Zac woke up and went to a florist shop.  he went there and took a bunch of roses, all of different colors. 

He did that everyday. He used to go buy flowers and visit Grace's stone everyday since she died.

He was still heartbroken. He couldn't forget her for one second. 

He walked towards the grave.  He knelt on his knees.  He rest the bouquet on her stone.  He looked at the words engraved. 
He touched the engravement where her name was written.  tears came out of his eyes and rolled down his eyes.

He pulled out a tiny white box.  He opened it and pulled out a platinum ring with diamonds studded to it. 

"I bought this for you... You left...you didn't even give me a chance to put this on your hand. I bet this would look so much good on you." says Zac. His eyes tearing but his lips smiling.

"I wanted to give this to you on our wedding " his voice cracking.

"How are you, Grace? How are you coping? Everyone treating you good up there?  I wish I could be there with you to take care of you." cried Zac.

"I'm sorry I couldn't Marry you. I'm sorry I didn't give you enough love. I'm sorry for a lot of things. But mostly, I'm sorry I couldn't help you live.  " said Zac looking at her stone. 

He remembered how her brown eyes sparkled.  How her smile would make him feel so good. How she hugged when she pouted like a kid.  How she ate her breakfast like a messy baby .how she saved him,how she stood on her words. How she'd argue for hours and challenge him. How she hugged him whenever she sensed he was not feeling good. How she cried everytime she was happy or sad.  How she waited for him. How she got on her knees to propose to him. How she loved him.

"Pure... You are... " said Zac crying and remembering every simple thing about her.

He shook his head and cried. 
He understood he cannot get over her.  Ever. He loved her to his very core.

His heart started to beat faster and faster.

He remembered every single memory of his life. Every single moment with Grace. Every single moment of their time together. All the memories.  He held onto the bracelet even tightly.

Just then.

He froze.

His heart stopped beating.

He fell beside her grave on his back, his hand lying on top of her stone.

He fell asleep beside her. 

He never woke up. 

He too died with her. 

The bracelet read We And Us Forever.

   ***********The End ***********