Chapter-56

5 years later.

Grace and Zac were now five years older. Five years is a long time for people who can't live without each other. While Grace spent these five years, working, studying, buying her own house in India. She settled in well. She studied hard, worked hard and it paid off.

Of course she was still depressed over Zac but she reminded herself everyday that he has moved on with some other girl and so should she. She knew moving on is not easy. 5 years was not enough. She needed a lifetime to forget him. As for her life, She got used to the culture, the people, the country and mostly everything...

She made some new friends. She even met a guy called Raj. He was 5 years older than her and really liked her. he was tall and handsome. He had beautiful grey eyes and light brown hair. He had plumpy lips and he was a gentleman. He was polite,sweet, successful, basically everything that a girl wants. She too liked him, they spent some time together as friends but there came a day when things took turn.

He invited her over for lunch. He cooked a meal for her and she was spending some time with him. When she was with Raj,he distracted her from Zac. So,Raj was a breath of fresh air. She felt good and sane with him. He treated her with utmost care and affection. He never crossed his line. He didn't want to force or pressure Grace into anything she wasn't comfortable with.

Today, he was with Grace having a good meal with her. They spoke about work,life,, weather and some movies. Once lunch was over...
"I have to tell you something, Grace " said Raj.
"go ahead " said Grace smiling.
"Well... I don't know how to put this into right words " said Raj.
"You can tell me anything, Raj. You're my friend, I won't judge " says Grace sweetly looking at Raj.
"Well, that's the point. I don't want to be friends with you " says Raj.
"What? Did I do something wrong? " asks Grace tensed.
"Grace... I don't want to be friends with you.... I want to more than friends... " says Raj. He was nervous but he still gained enough strength to tell her that while looking into her earthy brown eyes.
"Raj..." says Grace softly, quite startled actually.
"I know you don't like me that way. But... I feel good when I'm with you,Grace. With you,everything is so....so much better. You're strong. You're independent. You're brave and let's not forget, smart. Any guy would be Lucky to have you in his life " explained Raj.
"lucky? I don't think so..." says Grace as the memories of Zac were creeping in.
"Grace... " says Raj and gets on his knees.
"Raj. No " says Grace.
"Say yes,Grace. I will make you happy. I don't know what this feeling is. You make me feel special. Your smile lightens up my day. Seeing you walk into the office makes my heart skip a beat. If you're sick, I think of coming over and just hug you a-" Raj was interrupted by Grace.
She put her hand on his hand as tears made her insides cringe.
"Raj...Raj... I know it's my fault I should have told you. I didn't know that you liked me so much and I never knew you had feelings for me. But... As much as I respect you and your love for me, I have to tell you that I love someone else. I met him 5 years ago and I'm still in love with him" says Grace explaining politely to Raj. She treated him gently because he was a really good person and was always there for her when she needed help through so many things. she didn't want to hurt him but telling him the truth is the only way.
"I'm sorry " says Grace looking down at him into his eyes.
"Why are you sorry? I should have known that you like someone else. Anyway who is he? " asks Raj. He was not angry or anything, he simply wanted to know the guy's name who stole Grace's heart.
"You don't know him" says Grace. She didn't want to hurt Raj even more by explaining things further. Things were hard and sore as they were. She didn't want to complicate things any further.
"I'm sorry . I should have known. But one thing is for sure, he's one hell of a lucky guy" says Raj.
Grace just smiled. She didn't want to disturb the moment anymore. She soon thanked him for understanding and hugged him. She left his house and made her way to her apartment in Nizampet.
Just then, her phone rang. It was her dad.
Dad:Are you all packed?
Grace :Yup. Will board the flight in few hours.
Dad: Finally... After five long years. My daughter is coming back. I'm so happy
Grace :me too, dad. Okay dad, I have to go. I'm gonna drive home now.I'll call you in the airport before boarding. Okay?
Dad:okay baby. Love you
Grace :Love you, dad.