Chapter 8

Grace drove back to Meg's house and dropped Meg by her house as she was still hung over. Meg had too much whisky last night and was still sore over her break up. Today,she's in a better place than she was yesterday. Grace parked her car near Meg's house.Meg took her seat belt off.
Meg: Hey,Grace... Can I ask you something?
Grace: Anything...
Meg: You saved one of the most popular dude in this country.
Grace: yeah. So?
Meg: So...what next? I mean what's your next move?
Grace: Honestly, I don't know but... As of now,I just want him to heal. I want him to be alright.
Meg: I'm pretty sure he'll be fine.
Grace: let's hope so.
Meg takes a long breath and says "C'mon in. Have a coffee."
Grace says softly in a tired voice " No,I should probably head back. My dad's really worried."
"okay... Take care" said Meg said sweetly
"You too,dear. See you " replied Grace.
Meg opens the car door and gets off of the car and waves Grace. Grace starts the car and waves her back and smiles.
While Grace was driving back home she remembered the whole night and what all had happened.
"what a night! " she said to herself.
It was 7 'o' clock in the morning. The clouds were gone and the rain had stopped. The roads were wet, though. The sun has come out and the blue sky was wrapping the clouds. The birds were chirping and singing beautiful tunes. The fresh green grass was brushed by the morning breeze.
Grace parked her car in her garage and got out of it. Her dad came to her with a worried look on his face.
"Where have you been? your mom and I were so worried about you" said Charlie(Grace's dad)
"Dad,I told where I was, remember? " replied Grace
Charlie remembered the phone call and nodded but was still worried because she was his only daughter. She was his everything and he loved her very much.
"Oh,yes. How is he doing? How did you find him out of nowhere? I need answers. Do you know him?" asked Charlie. He wanted to know everything.
"Dad,I'll tell you everything but later.I need a bath,a good breakfast" said Grace
Charlie: Alright, dear. Now,come inside. Mom's really worried.
Grace: okay...
Grace and Charlie walked inside their house and were greeted by a worried looking Kate.
"Where the hell have you been?" Kate cried loudly.
"Mom,I'm sorry. I had to help someone and I had to be there for them." said Grace
Kate: Why are you covered in blood? And why do you have a cotton strapped to your hand? are you hurt?
Grace: no,mom. But Zac was. I'll tell you what all happened in detail. But later. I really need to take a bath and I could really use your special breakfast.
Kate: Sure,honey. But I need to know everything. Okay?
Grace: okay,mom. I'm going to my room now. okay?
Kate: Okay.
Grace took her jacket and went to her room. Her room was upstairs. Her room was neat and clean just like she left it.
She took off her clothes and saw how much blood was covered on her favorite shirt. She put those clothes in the laundry bin which was outside her room. She came back to her room and saw the calender.
"15th July, 2015,one hell of a day"
Grace then took the "15th plate" and slid it back. "16th July,2015. let's see how interesting you're gonna be, today"
Saying that she went inside her bathroom and turned on the shower. She went under the shower let her hair loose and closed her eyes. That's when the flashes of Zac's face, the way pleaded her to save him,His EYES. That's it. She opened her eyes to that flash and tears filled her eyes. She didn't know him till now. But she promised to protect him no matter what. She didn't understand why she would promise something like that to someone she didn't know. "Who are you,Zac?" she asked to herself.
She completed her shower and took towels and wrapped those around her body and hair.
She put on some fresh clothes. She took her white jeans and a peach pink colored velvet top. She let down her blow-dried hair and put some lip care to her lips. She went downstairs and went in the kitchen. Her mom and dad were chatting about something with great interest.
"Am i interrupting? " asked Grace smiling at her parents.
"No,dear. We were just... Um... We have something to tell you " replied Kate looking at Grace with a sad look in her eye. But smiling lips.
"Go on..." said Grace while pulling the chair and taking the bowl of fruit salad.
Grace's special breakfast consists of two toasted brown breads with crust. One spreaded with jam and other spreaded with peanut butter A small bowl of fruit salad,and a tall glass of chocolate milk.
"Your father and I are moving to Carolina " said Kate.
Grace dropped the fork in her hand, in shock.
"WHAT?!" asked Grace in utter shock.
"Hear us out,Sweety. My business is going to have a new branch in Carolina. But you still have to continue your studies here,in San Francisco. So,we'll be moving out. You can stay here. Or you can stay at any other place as you please" explained Charlie.
"I'll take our apartment on the Oak street, I don't need a house this big just for myself. But,you guys....I'm going to miss you. A lot." said Grace
"We'll send you a flight ticket every month, so you can visit us. We can't travel back and forth because of our health conditions, dear.we hope you understand that." said Kate
"Cool...And...I need to tell you about what happened last night" Grace said reminding them.
"Of course, dear. Tell us. Whatever happened? Isn't he an actor? I heard that he is very popular and very good " said Kate.
"yeah... He is. At least he seems to be. Well,It goes like this. Last night Meg and I..... " Grace explained the whole thing that happened. Her parents listened to every bit of it with a great interest and concentration.
"so,how's he now? "asked Charlie
"I don't know... They said he was stable but I need to go see him. I wanna know how's he doing. And I won't be going to college today. I am not feeling like it" explained Grace.
"it's okay. We understand that, dear. Let us know how's he doing " said Kate
"So,when will you guys be leaving? " asked Grace intently.
"Tonight, most probably, dear. " said Charlie
"Gosh! I'm gonna miss you guys. I love you " Grace almost cried.
"ssshhhhh!!! Dear,it's okay....you can come over whenever you like and we'll keep calling you everyday.study well.be good.okay baby?" said Kate choked and cried.
"Love you, mom.love you dad" she hugged them both.