Chapter-58

Grace looked at Meg for the first time after 5 years. She smiled at Meg but Meg didn't return that smile back.
"Don't you dare smile at me " says Meg. She was really angry to see Grace.
"Is this why you brought me here? " asks Meg looking at Zac.
"Meg,C'mon... Loose it now. She's back " says Zac defending Grace.
"you're on her side? I can't believe you. You spend minutes with her and you change your mind? Anyway... I'd love to leave this place right now " says Meg.
"Meg, I'm sorry " says Grace looking at her with hope.
"It's too late for that, isn't it?" questioned Meg.
That shut Grace up.
Grace just looked at Meg. She couldn't say anything.
Just then,
"Babe... I've been looking for you everywhere, what are y-... " the tall man with blonde hair was interrupted as he saw Grace.
"Mark" says Grace looking at Mark.
"If you're here to torture Zac even more, please... Feel free to leave " says Mark. He left the balcony and Meg followed him.
"I really hurt everyone. I have to fix this " says Grace.
"that's good. We'll do this together " says Zac cheering her up.
Grace looked at Zac in awe and couldn't believe how sweet he was. Why did I ever thought about leaving you for peace? She thought to herself.
"C'mon let's go " says Zac he took off his Blazer and wrapped it around Grace's shoulders to keep her warm.
"Thank you " says Grace smiling at him.
She, after 5 long years,smiled wholeheartedly.
"Tomorrow, I'll bring Meg and Mark to the Café. We'll meet there and talk. Okay? " suggests Zac.
"No,Zac. I think I have to deal with Meg by myself. " says Grace.
"whatever you say,boss " says Zac smiling at her.
Grace just looks at him and smiles.
"What did I ever do to deserve you?" asks Grace smiling at him.
"ummm.. You saved me. Well,that counts " said Zac.
I saved you once but you saved me a million times now.
Grace just smiled at him and held his hand.
"You look really good in saree " says Zac.
"Thank you. It's just something I threw on" says Grace.

Zac takes her on a long drive. He takes her to the same place where they met for the first time. By this time, the ground had grass and was glistening with chilly fog highlighted by the moon's gleam.
He stops the car and opens the door for her. She remembered how she never let anyone open the door for her because she couldn't replace Zac with anyone, ever.

"Grace... I love you so much. Please do not leave me like that again, ever. I can't afford the pain anymore. I can't contain myself if you leave me again " pleaded Zac looking at Grace holding her hands in his.
"I was stupid, Zac. Leaving you like that and running away was the worst mistake ever. I shouldn't have left. I should have stayed and fought for you. For us. But I was being a coward and I betrayed everyone who loved me. But I'm about to Change that... " says Grace.
"How? " asks Zac looking at her.
Grace gets down on her knee.
"Grace, what are you doing? The ground will irate your skin... " says Zac concerned.
"Shhhhh " Grace shushes him.
"Dear Zachary Nicholas Octavia, I know I haven't been my best the past few years. But if you give me just one more chance... I will make you happy forever and make up for the lost time forever " says Grace looking at Zac into his eyes as tears rolled down her eyes.
"Grace... " says Zac smiling and controlling his tears.
"I'm not done yet " says Grace
" I promise to love you and protect you forever. So,Zachary Nicholas Octavia, will you do me the extraordinary honor of marrying me and forgive me?" asks Grace. She was nervous for sure and the cold wind and the moon light made the night even romantic. Just a perfect setting she never thought of. She didn't even plan on proposing to him. She did it because she no longer had the strength to live without him, she loved him way too much to live apart.
"Grace... I'm the one who's supposed to propose to you,I've been carrying this ring around with me this whole time. " says Zac pulling out the ring from his back pocket.
"Why are you carrying a ring with you, you didn't even know I was going to be here" asked Grace intently.
Zac got down on his knee and took her face in his hands.
"I wanted to marry you way before you wanted to " says Zac smiling at her face.
"I was carrying this ring around with me for five years, struggling and not knowing what to do with it...this ring is so special, it either deserves you or no one " said Zac admitting his love for Grace.

"So,will you marry me?" asked Grace once again smiling.

"Well, only on one condition... " says Zac.

"and that condition is?" asks Grace in anticipation.