Chapter 12

Zac's heartbeat came back to normal. His blood pressure is standard 120\80. He was healing. The doctors and everyone came and checked on him hourly. Mark asked Grace to sit on the chair instead on the floor. She agreed and continued praying. She then remembered that it was 5:45 pm and her parents had a flight at 7 pm. Grace asked Mark to sit and look over Zac while she'd go to the airport and will be back. Mark agreed. Meg wanted to come along with Grace to say bye to Grace's parents. Grace took her jacket and took her keys. She started her car and started driving.
Meg: That was such a beautiful miracle.wasn't it?
Grace: Miracles are beautiful. In fact, all miracles are very beautiful. Especially this one.
Meg: Hell, it scared the shit out of me.
Grace: It gave life to me
Meg: what?
Grace: it was painful to watch him not breathe. Once he breathed,it's like...
Meg: You love him
Grace: Maybe...
Meg: you're falling hard. You need to remember that he is an actor and girls like us cannot have a chance with guys like him.
Grace: what do you mean? We all are humans. Besides, I like him.
Meg: Dear,he is so hot my mom likes him.that's not the point.
*Grace laughs*
Actors are actors. They are "love 'em and leave 'em" types.
Grace: Zac is nothing like that.
Meg: Oh,really? How do you know that?
Grace: Could you be a little positive? Seriously, you need it a lot.
Meg: Okay,mom.
*laughs*
(At the airport)
Kate: Make sure you take the keys of the apartment which are in my room.
Grace: Okay,mom.
Kate: How's Zac,dear? Is he alright?
Grace: well,... He-"
Meg: OMG! A miracle happened. We all thought he died but he was breathing again right after Grace touched him.
Kate: really?
Meg: Yes...
Kate: He is very lucky.
Charlie: He sure is.... *stares at Grace with a smile *
Grace mouths "what" to which Charlie says "nothing " and still smiles.
Grace hugs her parents and says bye to them.
(in the car)
Meg: your mom is right.
Grace: About what?
Meg: About Zac. Him being lucky.
He has you. Of course,he is lucky.
Grace: I don't know what to say to that. But thank you.
Meg: So, you moving in to your new apartment?
Grace: yeah.... Right! I forgot. I have to get my stuff and to the new apartment. There is so much packing to do.
Meg: I'll tell you what. Drop me by your house. I'll take the keys and pack your stuff. I'll leave the boxes at the apartment and come back to the hospital. Okay?
Grace: Are you sure?
Meg: Of course. Besides, I know everything that you want and need.
Grace: you're good peeps, Meg.
Meg: Please,dear... It's nothing. After all what you have helped me through this is nothing.
Grace: *smiles* Okay...

(At the hospital)
Grace holds her jacket in her hand and her car keys' inserted into her finger. She walks into the ICU's lobby and sees the doctors talk to Mark and Zac's parents.
Mark looks at Grace, Mark walks towards Grace... 
Mark: Hey Grace... The doctors said Zac's gonna be fine. He'll be conscious any moment. Isn't that great?
Grace: that's fantastic! 
She finally was relieved to hear that.