Ch-50: Pain

Soon work started for Grace.  She moved into her new apartment in Nizampet. She received a cheque from her dad and mom. It was a huge amount. Enough for her to exchange into Indian rupees and buy herself some new furniture and other things for the apartment.  She went for shopping with Priya. She bought herself some new clothes, toiletries, makeup, a bed, a couch and some other pieces of furniture for the apartment. Nothing too extravagant. It was simple.  she signed the papers and waited for the furniture to arrive at her new apartment in a few hours. 
Priya was holding the shopping bags with Grace and Grace was opening the door to her empty apartment.  They put the stuff on the ground.  Priya had some cushions in her car. She bought those with her and lay those on the ground.  It was almost time for sunset and the sun's dim rays fell on Grace's new apartment's Window. They bought some Starbucks coffee with them and sat beside the Window on the clean floor that was too shining because of the sun rays They stared outside while the cool evening breeze would tickle their skin.
"It's good,isn't it?" asked Priya sipping on her coffee and looking outside.
"Yes..." whispered Grace calmly. 
This was the most sane she felt in a long time.
"Grace... Can I ask you something? " asks Priya in a doubtful voice.
"Yeah sure... " says Grace smiling at Priya.
"Do you miss Zac? " asked Priya.
"Every moment. Every second " says Grace looking at the floor.
"Do you think he still misses you?" asks Priya.
"I can't tell. I hurt him too bad " said Grace.
"But... Will you be okay if he moved on and " says Priya
"I can't... I don't know if I can handle myself. I'm still depressed about losing him. Do you know how much strength it's taking for me to get it together and trying to stay away from him?  I feel horrible to do this to him. But...I can't help it. It's about his safety " says Grace looking outside the window watching the sun set
"So you still love him..." says Priya.
"I breathe him" says Grace softly. 
Priya just smiles looking at Grace. 
Just then someone knocks the door.
Priya opens the door and saw that the furniture arrived. She welcomed them in. They set the couch in the hall, a medium queen size bed in her bedroom and a study desk in the hall as well.
Grace bought a new laptop in India which too was bought the same day as the furniture.  Her chair arrived. A mirror frame. Some curtains.  It was a lifestyle change for Grace.  She moved all the way from America to India. It was a huge step and a huge investment to set up a new life,new place and everything there. Grace was getting used to the whole "Indian style " of everything.  Infact, she loved it.
She took the help of those men who came to move the furniture and hung the curtains. She spread a fresh grey rug on the floor with the help of Priya. Grace took the new lamp out the boxes and placed it on the side table beside the couch. A smaller lamp on the study desk which would help her study. The walls were white and sheer in color and the windows were huge and slided.  She signed the papers after the setup and tipped the humble men who helped her out in placing the furniture.  Grace sat on her new couch. It was very soft and fluffy couch. Grace loved the snuggly texture of the couch. She loved it. Priya took the cushions she bought from her car and put those on either side of Grace's couch. The bed,a quilt, 4 fluffy cushions and 4 fluffy pillows.  a lamp shield beside the bed. Her bedroom was ready. Her living room too was set.
Priya sat beside Grace on the couch.
"Now all you need is some stuff for the kitchen, and a TV" says Priya.
"I don't need a TV. " says Grace
"Yeah,you need a TV. You'll be bored here without a TV" says Priya
"I won't be bored...I have you and my new laptop" says Grace smiling. 
"Wow...hey...did I tell you that I work at a library? " asks Priya.
"Uh...I think so..." says Grace doubtful.
"Well,are you interested in books? " asks Priya
"interested? I  Love books" says Grace sweetly
"Well,C'mon... What are we doing here? " asks Priya and grabs Grace's hand and takes her to the library.

"Zac... Please let me in" says Mark knocking the bedroom's door of Zac's house.
Zac doesn't answer. Infact, there's just complete silence.  Not a hint of any sound.  this worried Mark.
"If you don't let me in, I'll break in..." says Mark.
Zac didn't respond.  Just then Mark heard something fall on the floor.
"Zac,please open the door, man.are you okay? " asks Mark.
"So what If she doesn't come back... You move on and just find someone else " says Mark.
He sees something wet touch his naked feed. It was coming from the bottom of Zac's door. It was blood.
Mark looked at it and started banging the door.  He was shocked and scared.
"Zac, you're fucking out of your mind. Just fucking open the door" Screamed Mark.  No one answered.  

Zac cut himself.