Chapter 17

Zac and Grace watch "The Lucky One " and enjoy each other's company.

Love. A feeling that is unconditional. That is subconsciously magical and unknowingly supernatural.

Grace loves Zac to the point that he has become her reason for existence. She barely knew anything about him.still she believes that her love will succeed and she will keep her promise. Zac on the other hand, loves Grace to the point he's ready to sacrifice everything in his power for Grace. Their love is a unique one. It's a once in a lifetime experience for those who believe in the idea of love.

Zac and Grace fell asleep cuddling on the couch that night. She fell asleep on his chest and he rested his chin on her head. As Zac woke up to the morning light... He saw Grace who was looking like a cute baby who was in a deep sleep. He didn't want to disturb her..so he held her neck and gently pulled her to lie on the cushion so that her body can comfortably rest on the couch... She snuggled up to herself cutely.Zac looked at her and smiled. He never saw anything so innocent. He found his strength in her breath. Her smile gave him life and her words fueled his soul.

Zac's agent calls up Zac and asks him to meet at his place. Zac agrees to that and freshens up. He goes to take a shower and makes breakfast for Grace. He writes her a message on a piece of card saying "Will be out by the time you wake up. Going to work place. will be back soon. Enjoy the breakfast, Have a beautiful day, darling! Xoxo "

Grace wakes up to the sunlight through the Window. She noticed that Zac was not around. She walks into her room and freshens up.Then she walks into the kitchen and sees the note on the table. She reads it and smiles "darling... " she says to herself acknowledging that he called her darling. She eats her breakfast staring at the card and recalling what all happened the night before.
she goes to take a bath.She then comes out of the bathroom and pulls a fresh blue jeans and a floral blossom white top from the closet. She dresses up well and brushes her hair that's when she gets a text from Meg.
"meet me at the orbit mall in 10 mins... Will be waiting for you. Love you... "

Grace takes her keys and her jacket. She doesn't wear it but still she carries it around wherever she goes. She locks her apartment door and takes the lift and reaches the parking lot. She starts the car and drives to the mall where Meg asked her to be. She parks her car in the parking place and goes inside the mall. She makes a call to Meg.
Grace :Hey! I'm in the mall, where are you?
Meg: Yeah... We're in the café on the first floor. Come on up...
Grace: Yeah... Okay. See you.
Then Grace realized that Meg said "We".
"We?" asks Grace to herself not understanding why Meg would say "we".
She then brushes off her thoughts and goes to the 1st floor on the elevator and sees that the café was right in front of her and Grace was sitting next to Mark.

Grace asks herself "What's Mark doing here?". She thought it was one of those bestie chatty days. Seeing Mark there, Grace didn't understand why would Meg invite Mark without even telling her. She,once again, brushed off her thought.

She put on her Graceful smile and walked towards them. Mark stands up noticing Grace and gives her a handshake following by a friendly hug. Grace wishes him back.Then Meg hugs her and winks at her hinting how happy she is seeing her. Grace whispers in her ear "I'm happy for you... " in Meg's ear while hugging her. Then Grace sits in the chair facing them both.
Grace puts her jacket, purse and car keys on the chair next to her.
She relaxes for a minute while going through the menu which was lying on the glass table.
"So...you asked me to come here. What's up?" asks Grace looking at them.
Mark then looks at Meg and faces Grace again.
"Mark,what's up? " asks Grace concerned.
That's when Meg steps in says "Someone tried to kill Zac on that night, Grace " looking at Grace.
Grace was shocked. She thought why would someone try to hurt such an innocent man like Zac.
Mark then opens up and says " The doctor saw some serious scars,bruises, stab marks on Zac's body.they are trying to investigate what actually happened and came with some random clues. They also mentioned that Zac was stabbed multiple times and the intention of this culprit was to kill Zac. Nobody has seen this person before."
"What the hell?! Why would someone try to hurt him like that?! "says Grace shocked at what she'd just heard from Mark. She was horrified by what Mark just said and was cringed attention there thought of someone trying to hurt Zac like that.

"and Grace... Zac's life is in danger. " says Mark warning Grace.
"What? Isn't that guy satisfied with what he has done to Zac? " asked Grace angrily.
"Grace, the investigator is soon gonna give a picture of this culprit. The cops are on the move to find this guy but he's smart. He's escaping. Zac needs to be under protection and the press cannot know where Zac is at the moment. The fans are going crazy at what has happened to him.I want you to be careful as well.okay? " says Mark.
"I'll protect him,that's alright. But,I wanna know who this guy is. And press? Don't worry... The reports might know my name but they do not know where I live and all...so,Zac's safe at my place. " says Grace looking at Mark.

"Yes.that's right. HE could stay at your place." says Mark.
"So,where is Zac, anyway? " asks Meg.
"Oh! He went for an interview to promote a new movie and stuff"says Mark.
Grace and Meg nod.
Grace leans back on her chair folding hands and thinking who could it be that almost killed Zac,her reason for existence.
Mark interrupts her thoughts and asks her "You okay? " looking at Grace.
Grace says softly "Yes...I'm fine... " followed by "Does Zac know this? " asks Grace.
"No,he doesn't. We are planning on telling him. It's hard to see him like this "
Says Mark glancing at the table in front of them.
"It's hard to see who like that?" shows up Zac looking at them.
"Um..." mumbles Grace. Everyone was shocked to see Zac there. Mostly Grace.
She was scared to death what could happen to Zac if he's roaming as he'd like without proper protection....