Chapter -61

What is it with bestfriends and timing? how do bestfriends know when you miss them the most? How do bestfriends know that you want them the most?

"Meg,why are you crying? " asked Grace walking towards her.
"It's nothing... Really don't worry about it" said Meg wiping her own tears and fake smiling.
"I know it when you lie,Meg" said Grace.
"you don't always know everything " said Meg asked little annoyed
"Maybe you're right. Maybe I'm not always right " said Grace looking at Meg.
"But you have to tell me what happened " said Grace
"Why do I have to tell you? " asked Meg.
"Can you give it a rest? I'm telling you how sorry I am. I have understood that leaving you behind was a huge mistake and I'm extremely sorry for the things that I have done to hurt you.what else do you want me to do?" asked Grace innocently.

Grace didn't know Mark loved her and she didn't even know that Mark broke up with Meg a year after Grace left. Grace didn't know that Meg tried being friends with him again and again but Mark refused to be friends with Meg.
It tore Meg apart knowing that the man she loved, loved her own bestfriend. She couldn't digest the fact and blamed Grace for everything. She didn't expect Grace to come back into the picture. She thought Grace would be away from Mark and in the meantime, she could reunite with Mark. But since Grace came back,Meg didn't know what to do and didn't know what to say to Mark to convince him and make him love her again, or for real this time.

Meg was quite for a few seconds, controlling her overwhelming emotions. She took a long breath.
"Zac wants to talk to you. He's inside with Mark" says Meg and runs away from Grace. Grace ran behind her. Meg ran from the driveway and towards the gate faster and faster. The gate was locked.
"MEG!" Screamed Grace.
She kept screaming her name but it was of no use.
"MEG!!"she Screamed. Pleading really.

Meg finally fell on her knees and started crying like an abandoned baby. Grace slowed down her pace and put her hands on her own knees and bent down,trying to catch some air and a little tired of running all the way.

She walked towards Meg who was weeping like a baby.
"Why can't you just leave me alone, just like the others? Why don't you go back to Zac and let me be? " asked Meg crying.
"Meg...please....don't say that. He can wait. But You're important." said Grace getting down on her knees to sit beside Meg on the ground.

"Is it because of me,you're crying? " asked Grace intently.
"WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE? "Screamed Meg, whilst crying.
"I can't leave you. I've done that mistake once and I don't want to repeat that again " says Grace kneeling down beside her.
She hugged her and Meg hugged her back. Meg cried into her shoulder hiding her face.

"Whatever it is bothering you...it bother you for long, Meg. You'll be fine in no time " said Grace

"Why are you so sweet to me?" asked Meg.
As much as she hated Grace for leaving her alone like that, she loved Grace and forgave her instantly as she hugged her.

"Was I ever rude to you?" asked Grace smiling.
"You left me...and everything has been shit since... " explained Meg.
Grace listened to her with full attention.
"I had no one to talk to...you were my only friend. You left me like that and... And...I was just invisible from that time on" explained Meg still crying.
"No one notices me. No one loves me" said Meg

"Meg...Mark loves you. You were never invisible to be noticed for new. You were always there and everyone notices you all the time " said Grace trying to comfort Meg.

"Mark doesn't love me..." said Meg.

"What? " asked Grace startled.

"He never did. He stayed in that relationship with me because he... " Meg couldn't utter the words.
Because he was in love with you.

"Meg,tell me...he what? " asked Grace concerned.

"He thought he loved me but he realized he loved....someone else... " said Meg looking into Grace's eyes.

"Well, you will find someone better. You don't need a guy who's heart is not yours " said Grace looking at Meg.

Meg smiled at Grace. How can someone be so sweet and gentle all the time thought Meg of Grace.

"C'mon Meg,you'll hurt your knees if you stayed like this any longer " said Grace. She helped Meg stand up.

"I need some time alone. I'll walk home from here " said Meg looking at Grace.

"Are you sure? " asked Grace

"Yeah. I'll call you " said Meg.

"Text me as you reach home,okay? " asks Grace

"Okay,boss" said Meg smiling and waited for the gate to open.
As soon as the gate opened, Meg left.
Grace walked back to Mark's house.

She knocked on the door.
Zac opened the door.

"Hey!" said Zac smiling at Grace.
"What happened to your face? " asked Grace concerned, as she looked at his bruised face and sore abs and shoulders.

"We need to go to the hospital " says Grace panicking.

"Baby... Nothing happened. You come inside " said Zac.

Grace walked inside the house and saw that Mark too was bruised and had a purple eye.

"Did you guys get into a fight? " asked Grace looking at the both of them who were sitting in front of her in the kitchen.

"No" said both Mark and Zac in unison.

Grace got suspicious.

"Are you two hiding something from me?" asked Grace demanding.

"Grace... Mark has something to tell you" said Zac.

He patted Mark on his back and left to the balcony.

Mark cursed Zac under his breath for leaving him alone with Grace like that.

Grace just looked at Zac and looked back at Mark.

"Well?" asked Grace looking Mark in the eye.

"I was mad at him because he didn't tell me that you guys were getting married " said Mark.

He lied.

If he told the truth, it would ruin everything for both Grace and Zac.

"Oh,Mark. He came here to tell you that..." said Grace looking at Mark sympathetically.

"Okay...enough with the puppy eyes " said Mark poking fun at Grace.

Grace smiled in Relief.

"You're the best man by the way. Zac wants you to be his bestman " said Grace

"Gladly... " said Mark as he pressed the ice pack against his eye.
Grace smiled at him and looked back at Zac.

She walked towards Zac and hugged him from behind.

"We still have to tell our parents " said Zac holding her hand looking at the ground.

"I have to apologize to your parents" said Grace.

"for marrying me?" Zac chuckled.

"I have to apologize more for that too" Grace played along.

They both chuckled and held each other's hands.