Chapter-42

They say that love is blind. They say that if you believe in your love...no matter what...your love will succeed. but how much of that "said" words are true? how many of those words hold value? It's hard to find unconditional love and it is even harder to keep. Life challenges you and pushes out of your comfort zone to see how much you care about that one person you care for most. How many of us win? How many of us lose? Some questions...are better left unanswered. 

Zac was with Grace the whole time. He held her and carassed her head and hand to make her feel warm. She was crying because she dreamt of something horrible. Something that has already happened to zac and her in the past. 

"hey..." said Zac looking at Grace,holding her hand oh so gently.

Grace didn't say anything. She just looked at him. Her baby brown eyes were twinkling and were adjusting to the reality. Her pupils dialated and that's when it her that she actually attempted to die.

"you're here..." says Grace in a weak but firm voice. 

"Yes.. i'm here..." says Zac. His eyes were filled with tears to see Grace . It felt like a million years.  

He felt his heart get warmer and felt sane for a second. Zac was holding Grace's hand.

Grace let go of his hand and pushed his hand away from her hand.

Zac felt like his heart shattering once again. 

"you'll leave again...you'd forget again..." said Grace staring at the ceiling,tears filling her eyes and making her body flush with pain and her eyes red with grief.  The lump that she was holding in her throat started to burst and ached her inside.

"you know that's not true..." says Zac. Even though his heart was frowning, he wanted to make Grace's heart smile. Maybe that's what love is. Unconditional. Selfless. 

"It was so easy....for you to just forget....everything and live life normally and.....while i was going crazy and lost hope for life..." says Grace, her heart aching, her throat aching, yet words broken...coming out of her mouth.

"It was never a choice. If i did have a choice, i wouldn't waste 2 months with a therapist who is trying to fix me because apparently everyone is thiking that something is wrong with me. But none of them know that you are my problem...." said Zac trying to explain the situation to Grace.

"I'm your problem? Fine...I'll leave you alone... Just like you left me" says Grace while tears rolled down her cheeks and eyes quivering in pain. 

"fortunately you're my solution too" says Zac trying to touch her hand gently...

" Don't do this." said Grace looking into his eyes.

"Do what?" asked zac.

" This...touching me. looking at me. your eyes. you...these memories. the way you make me feel. and how amazing this feels but the pain...is horrible to handle. You loved me and you forgot me... How can you forget me?" asks Gracealmost crying at this point.

Zac felt awful about himself. He hated himself for making Grace feel like that. He felt horrible because he was the reason Grace attempted suicide. 

"our love is cursed" says Grace looking into Zac's eyes. 

"no it's not." said Zac. 

"from the very first time...I came into your life...I only brought troubles into your life. Every time we try to have some good time with each other, something bad happens. One of us falls sick. One of us always has a health issue. This is all because of me." says Grace. 

"But-" Zac tried to speak.

" if i am not in your life...you'd be safe. Just like you were...for the past few months...without me" says Grace holding Zac's hand.  His hands were cold. He was scared because he knew where this was going. He could hear his own heart beating louder and faster. His eyes filled with tears,skin flushed with pain and goose bumps because he never experienced this kind of emotional pain and grief,ever.

"Grace...no. please don't say that. We can change things for better. We will be more careful from next time about everything. i know that our relationship hasn't exactly been sane and normal but i will try. give me a chance." pleaded Zac. 

"Zac...you know i love you. But if i love you...you'll never be happy and safe....I have to let you go...for your own good." says Grace closing her eyes. She didn't have enough strength to say those words to her dear Zac, looking into his eyes. 

"Grace..." pleaded Zac. He was holding on to her hand more tighly not letting go. "please don't leave me....I can't live without you" says zac crying,his tears rolling down his cheek bones. 

"please forgive me for everything i have done to you..." says Grace 

"You never did anything wrong.... Shit happens all the time.  it's not your fault." says Zac still gripping Grace's hand while she was trying to let go of her hand from his. 

Touching him never felt so painful,

Looking into his eyes never felt so guilty,

Looking at my love...right in front of me, never felt so heart-breaking

letting go never felt so tragic.

"Grace please don't go..." said Zac, he fell on his knees and held her hand. Her tears fell on his hand. She let go of his hand and she ran away from him. Outside his room. Outside his house. Grace's parents, Meg, Mark and Zac's parents, were sitting in the garden, having tea. Grace ran out of the house and got inside a car and drove. Where? she didn't know either. 

Meg and Mark saw that and they ran after her.

Zac was too heart-broken. He couldn't move. He was left alone in his room. with his tears. With the Engagement ring he bought for Grace, under the bed. He was frozen. The only thing that moved were the tears from his eyes. 

The real reason why Grace ran away from Zac now, was that she blamed herself for everything wrong happened to him. she thought their love was cursed. She believed that she is bad luck to him. which is why she left him, for his own good and ran away. 

As she drove faster and faster.... She cried out loud inside the car. She took a turn and went back to her apartment.  

Mark and Meg followed Grace in their car all around. They parked their fastly and ran towards Grace's apartment. 

There was Grace...with a knife in her hand, cutting her hand.