The unexpected

Zac went to Mark's house.

"What's up, man? " greeted Zac
"What's up, man! " responded Mark.
Mark was at his house, he was watering the plants in the garden in his back yard. Mark too had a great house. The drive way would directly meet the house, the lawn would welcome the visitor with beautiful flowers.

"So,Grace is back huh?" asks Mark looking at the ground but paying attention to Zac.
"Yup. I'm so happy " says Zac smiling and gleaming with happiness.
"Don't worry she'll leave before you'd even know it " said Mark.
"Seriously? Why do you have to say that? " asks Zac his smile fading.
"She did that to you for 5 years. She left you behind like that and she didn't care about you. She never called. Not once. She's back all of a sudden and you believe her like that? " asks Mark.
"You don't know a thing about Grace. You don't know what it's like... She w-" Zac was trying to explain but was interrupted by Mark.
"She what, Zac? She is still the same person. Please break your dream bubble and look at the situation practically. " says Mark
"Mark. I know what I am doing." says Zac
"I'm sure as hell you do" responds Mark sarcastically.
Zac just looked at Mark. Not knowing why Mark is so against Grace. When he could forgive Grace for everything then why can't Mark, he thought.
"Why don't you like Grace? " asks Zac
"Don't like is an understatement. I hate her" said Mark.
"What did she do? Why do you hate her? " asked Zac looking at Mark right into his eyes, trying to figure out the reason behind his hatred.
"Because he loves her " yelled Meg from behind. She walked towards Zac and Mark, while still staring at Mark.
"You what? " asks Zac, he was about to lose his cool.
"You heard me...Mark loves Grace " says Meg looking at Zac.
Zac was just confused. He didn't know what to say. He was angry for sure but didn't see a point in losing his temper now.
"Mark,is that true? " asked Zac looking at Mark.
"Yes..." admitted Mark.
"When uh a- a- and How? asked Zac, his voice shivering. He was on a verge to lose his bestfriend.
"The day I saw her saving you. The day she took you to the hospital and donated her blood so you could survive. " explained Mark looking at the ground.
"Mark....I love her,man... " says Zac looking at him.
"I know... I couldn't help it. I kept falling for her. How do you not fall in love with someone who's so giving and selfless? " explained Mark
"then why do you hate her? " asked Zac
"Because she chose you. And not me. After 5 fucking years. I thought she must have forgotten you. But no. She is still hooked to you. I hated her for leaving you like that, of course but I also hated for just leaving all of us like that. That's the reason I didn't tell you that Grace came when you attempted your suicide... " confessed Mark.
"Wait. She came here to see me back then? " asked Zac
"Yes,she did. I knew she was coming here but I didn't tell you because you were already in pain and I wanted the both of you to change your minds " says Mark
"You knew and you didn't tell me. You knew how much I was waiting and wanting to see her and you just left me suffer like that? Gosh! Whatever the fuck has gotten into you? You're cruel, Mark" says Zac in anger.
"I'm cruel.. But she's fucking heartless. " says Mark still mad at Grace.
"Don't you dare say a fucking word against Grace, you asshole " said Zac and punched Mark on his face. Mark returned the punch.
They punched each other in the ribs and abs. They kicked each other. They were fighting furiously.
Meg tried to stop them but it was of no use.
Mark held Zac's throat and said "if you can stay away from her,I could make her mine "
Zac just punched him in the eye and held Mark's throat,
"You can't. I love her." spat Zac angrily.
Mark punched Zac in his ribs hard. Zac just lied on the ground, the pain was too much.
"You can't have feelings for Grace because she's going to be my wife " said Zac looking Mark in the eye. Mark slipped from the wet grass and fell on the ground beside Zac. Mark was facing Zac now.
"You what? " asked Mark stopped fighting with Zac.
"She proposed to me last night " says Zac looking at the sky.
"and so did I" said Zac admitting.
"She chose you " said Mark looking at the sky.
"Yes." says Zac.
"Man,you have to stop this.. This is not cool. You loving her,she loving me. I don't want a saga here. I want my bestfriend and I want Grace too" said Zac looking at Mark.
Mark couldn't say anything. He was disturbed to know that Grace chose him. He was even mad that Grace was the one who proposed to Zac. A part of him just died inside.
"Are you gonna tell this to Grace? " asks Meg looking at the both of them.
"Yeah I will. Grace needs to know " said Zac looking at Mark.
"No,she doesn't. I don't want to be the villain here. Just don't tell her. I won't tell her either. Problem solved " said Mark.
"But you like her, man. She needs to know. " says Zac.
"What's the point? She loves you. She'd choose only you." says Mark.
"You don't get it. No one can steal Grace from you. No one. She's yours and you're hers " said Mark.
"So,we're cool? " asked Zac looking at Mark.
"I'm the best man. I have to be cool" said Mark smirking.
Zac smiled and high fived Mark.
They both got up. They were dusty, bruised, Mark had a purple eye and Zac had red sores on his hands and on his ribs. Meg stepped into the house with them and went inside the kitchen. She bought the ice cubes in a bag and gave it Mark and gave another bag to Zac.
They sat on the chairs beside the kitchen table.
"Meg,I'm sorry " said Mark.
Meg didn't say anything. She was angry with Mark, she looked at the ground, screaming inside not to cry.
"I have to go" said Meg and walked out of his house. Just then
Grace just parked her car and was walking towards the entrance.
Grace saw Meg.
"Meg,why are you crying? " asked Grace.
Meg was frozen. She didn't know what to say.