Chapter -62

"I'm so sorry for hurting Zac and leaving him like that. I thought he'd be safe without me because personally, I think I'm bad luck to him. My only intention was to protect him but unfortunately, in that process, I've hurt him." says Grace looking down at the floor

"Leaving him was the biggest mistake in my life. So, I'm begging you... To lend me his hand in marriage" said Grace tears rolling down her eyes. Now looking up at Zac's mom.

The thing with Grace is that she knows exactly what to say at the right time. She had a sweet mouth and she spoke genuinely which captivates people's minds.

Zac's mom couldn't say no to Grace as she was moved by her apology and she wouldn't say no to Grace because she knew Grace was the one for Zac.

Zac's mom smiles and she accepts the apology.

She hugs Grace.

"Welcome to the family " said Zac's mom and Zac's dad smiles looking at Zac and Grace.

"I knew you'd keep your promise " said Zac's mom.

"Thank you for having faith in me" said Grace genuinely and intently.

Zac patted Grace's back and put an arm around her shoulder, pulling her close to him. She smiles and looks into his sparkling blue eyes.

"Now it's your turn to ask my parents " said Grace almost whispering.
"This should be fun" said Zac in a sarcastic way.
Grace playfully punches him slightly,in his chest.
Grace holds his hand.
Zac's mom insisted on lunch with Grace. So,all of them had a great meal at Zac's house.

Soon, Grace and Zac bid bye to Zac's parents and drove to Grace's parents house.
They reached the house and Zac parked the car. He was taking off his seatbelt and seemed to be in a deep thought.
"You okay? " asked Grace looking at him. She sensed something was not okay with Zac.
"What if your dad doesn't agree? " asked Zac looking at Grace sincerely.
Grace didn't even give a thought about it. Her new found optimism was ruling her logic.
"If he doesn't agree, we'll convince him" says Grace looking at Zac, holding his hand and rubbing her thumb against the skin of his wrist.
"What if he doesn't get convinced? " asked Zac looking at Grace.
"Do you want to marry me on not?" asked Grace smiling at Zac.
"of course, I do" replied Zac.
"then, we'll do whatever it takes to convince him. Even if it means to wait for a while until they agree " said Grace looking at him.
"right " agreed Zac.
"be a little positive, baby. there's no way he's going to say no to my baby " says Grace sweetly holding his face in her hands.
Zac blinks and smiles at her.
"Now, C'mon... " says Grace
Zac got off the car and opened the door for Grace.she politely thanked him and held his hand.
She sensed that his hands were cold, like ice.
"Baby, everything is going to be okay " assured Grace.
"Grace, if I don't come out alive. Call an ambulance. My stone should be of lime stone " said Zac in tension.
"Baby. Don't worry. You're over thinking this" said Grace.
Zac nodded with a smile.
"He doesn't like me,you know " said Zac admitting.
" then he'll learn to like you, now " said Grace smiling.
"It's a good thing you're adorable. Because your eternal optimism is super annoying " said Zac smiling at her.
"Hey!" said Grace playfully.
"Any last words you have to say to me?" asked Zac
"Just go!" demanded Grace, smiling pushing him inside the house.
"It's a good thing, you don't have a brother... Or a sister that will creep the crap outta me" said Zac chuckling.
Grace just nods and chuckles.

She followed him and took a long breath before going inside the house. Grace's parents were sitting on bamboo chairs, in the lawn at backyard. Zac made his way towards the lawn . He slided the door aside before stepping into the lawn.
He looks back at Grace once. He rubbed his palms together and walks towards her parents who now stood up to greet him. Grace's mom welcomed Zac with open arms and treated him with a smile and a friendly hug. While Grace's father shook hands with Zac and smiled politely. The politeness in Grace's father was visible. That decreased the tension for Zac.

Grace went inside the kitchen and poured them some fresh grape juice in tall glasses. She arranged the glasses on a tray,held the tray and walked cautiously towards the lawn.

As the doors slided aside, Grace saw that Zac didn't look nervous and all of them seemed to get along pretty well.

She walked towards them smiling. She put the tray on the table and sat next to Zac on the chair's handle. She patted him on his back reassuring him.
He smiled and took the glass from the table. He took a sip and savored the taste. It was fresh, which resembled the atmosphere.

After talking for a few minutes, Zac put his hands together. He looked at Grace for a few seconds, he looked back at her dad.
"Mr. and Mrs. Eva , with all due respect, I know that Grace deserves only the best. She's the most loving of all the people I've met in my life ,after my mom. Grace has become a part of my life without me even knowing it.... I want to be with her. I want to... I need to be with her forever. Believe it or not, I cannot live without her. Will you do me the extraordinary honor of giving her hand to me in marriage?" said Zac thoroughly meaning every word he said.
Grace's mom was already convinced. Grace's dad stood up.
Zac too stood up in fear of rejection.
"Grace, come here! " said Grace's dad in a stern voice.
Grace obliged and stood next to her dad.
"I know what she's been through. I know what you've been through. you hurt her too bad and so did she. I don't think that... You two... Can ever be..." paused her dad.
Zac's heart fell. He knew this was rejection and he had to find a way to convince him. Zac mentally slapped himself.
"separated " continued Grace's dad.
Zac was startled to hear that.
"You two are made for each other. Who am I to break you two up? Go! Be happy!" said Grace's dad smiling.
Zac smiled with happiness. Grace had tears rolling down her eyes with joy. They all had a group hug. Grace's dad pat Zac on his shoulder.
"Take good care of my daughter. She's not just my daughter. She's my everything " said Grace's dad, tears fighting on the back of his eyes. His voice slightly shaking.
Zac held his hands.
"she's really precious to me.I'll take care of her like you would " promised Zac sincerely.
They hugged for a few seconds.
Zac soon bid bye to everyone. He got on his car and drove home. They all waved bye to him until he he disappeared.
"You know... Zac.... I like that kid" admitted Grace's dad smiling slightly.

"Yeah... He's great " said Grace smiling at the ground and blushing.

"be good to that kid" explained her dad. He left the porch and went inside the house.

"I will " says Grace smiling at her dad but looking at the trees in front of the house.