Chapter 43

Pain is a curse given to those who don't need it in their life. Love is a blessing given to those who are fortunate enough to handle it. Sometimes when the roles of these two elements are changed, life becomes miserable and it leaves no hope for a person. To live or to love. Sometimes, when these two elements have nothing to do with the love equation in a relationship, people create problems for themselves. most of these problems are inside their head and hence unseen and intangible. The only way to let go of such confliucts is forgiveness. Some give more importance to  their Ego or their innerself,as they call it. But how true can your love really be if your priority is you? and not them? 

Grace was in pain. It felt like a battle with an unseen and unheard devil, that would just steal her sole reason for happiness and existence in general. She cut her hand and the blood drops made their way out of her flesh. Her eyes soaked in tears. "Please forgive me ,Zac" whispered Grace to herself. 

Meg took the knife from Grace's hand and hugged her. So tightly. She never wanted to let Grace go. Not like this. Not today. 

"Live today...don't go..." said Meg, hugging her even strongly. Grace held her strongly and cried her heart to her. 

"I love him...but i'm not good for him" says Grace catching breath in between her cries. 

"It's all in your head ,honey... He is always happy when he is around you." said Meg trying to convince Grace.

"But look at what i've done to him. Alex tried to kill him. twice. because of me. He always has to worry about me. He never had a peaceful sleep ever since he met me. I am not good for him. I bring bad luck to him. I'm scared if i come any closer to him, something bad will happen to him. Again. and I don't want that to happen. What if i lose him forever? I can never forgive myself if he is ever hurt because of me. I'll love him. but i'll stay far...far away from him and i'll love him from a distance." says Grace in grief.

"You mean long distance relationship?" asked Meg.

"No...I'll move away from him. From here" says Grace. 

"Grace...t-" said Meg but Grace interrupted Meg.

" Don't stop me. I want Zac to be safe, sane and happy. this is the only way he'll never find out." says Grace wiping her own tears. 

"Where are you going?" asked Meg.

"I can't tell you. You'll tell him. I don't want him to know where i am. I want him to move on. I want him to live a normal happy life" says Grace. 

"but Grace...where are you gonna go to? what about your studies? your life?" asked Meg.

"I'll figure it out. I just want him to be away from me so that he'll be happy." says Grace in her husky voice. Tears just wouldn't stop coming out of her eyes. 

"What makes you think that he'll be happy without you,Grace?" asked Mark. He has been listening to the whole conversation between Meg and Grace this whole time. 

"He'll be safe ,healthy and sane. that is all that really matters" says Grace.

"Just because certain incidents shake your relationship doesn't mean you should call it off, you must work on them" said Mark.

" You just don't get it. I am not good for him. If i am with him, he'll never be happy or safe because opne of us always gets in trouble. Risking my life for him...i'll do it. isking his for mine? I just cannot handle it." said Grace. 

To her response Mark couldn't say anything. He was shut. He was blown away by her love for him. but he was feeling so bad for Grace and Zac. 

"Please tell him that i said goodbye" says Grace and weeped.