Chapter-64

Zac's point of view:

It's the big day. I'm excited. I'm finally going to get married, to the woman I love and care about the most. I have 3 more hours to go to the church. I'm getting tensed. I'm really nervous.

Zac was wearing a black tuxedo and a white shirt tucked in. He was wearing the classic black Italian shoes. He had a boe tied on the collar of my shirt and a red rose pinned to the outer layer of the tux. He wrote his vows and was reading them out loud and preparing.

This is the day.

We And Us Forever

Just then, I got a call. It was time.

I took a huge breath and made my way to the church. My parents were with me. I am getting inside the car. I saw the text I received from Grace.

*Grace: Can't wait to get married to you. <3 *

That message relived my nerves. After all the tough times, I finally found my strength to commit to her and only her. Marriage was never an option for me but once you meet the one, you just have to break your own rules and make their world beautiful in whatever way possible. At least, that's what I think. And that's what I want to do. I want to make her happy forever.

As all these thoughts were going inside my mind, I realized we reached the church. My parents got down and I too got out of the car. I stood and brushed off any dust that was on my tux gently. Just then I saw her limousine arrive. along with Meg,her bridesmaid and their parents.
Grace was wearing a beautiful white dress. The nets gave a feathery feature to the dress and she looked like a princess. A princess that I was going to marry. I didn't understand why the car was parked on the other side of the road. She made her way to cross the road and walk towards the church. her long dress slipped between her heels which made her trip on the road. In the middle of the road. Grace was laughing calling herself silly. She looked beautiful. I was about to go but Meg stepped in and helped her out. Before anyone could even understand anything, A car was racing fast towards the road where Grace was untangling her dress from the heel. She was smiling. But I was tensed. My mom called me. I turned around to see what my mom was saying before I could even focus, I heard a loud screaming. Almost shrieking. I looked immediately turning towards the road where Grace was there smiling before me but now, she was hit by that car and was lying on the floor. Blood was everywhere on the road and as well as on her dress. She lied on the road unconscious. Meg too was bruised and fell beside her. We all rushed towards her but I was being pulled away from Grace. Some unknown force was pulling me.
"Zac!" the voice Screamed.
I was crying. I couldn't bear the pain. She died.

"Zac!" Screamed my mom.
"Zac wake up!" my mom Screamed.
I opened my eyes. My eyes adjusting to the light and I looked at the ceiling and looked at my mom. My tears blurred my vision.

It was just a dream. A terrible dream it was.

As I realized it was just a dream, it gave me a relief. but it also created a fear in my head. It's a dream. I never want that dream to become a reality. Ever. My fear overwhelming me. This is not the feeling a groom is supposed to hold on the morning of his wedding.

This is crazy. I need to snap out of it.

I got out of the bed and checked my phone. I saw that I got a message from Grace.

*"Grace: I love you with all my heart. Can't wait to get married to you tomorrow <3"*

"can't wait to get married to you <3"

Is this possible? C'mon Zac,lose it. It was just a dream. It's not going to happen.

Zac's stylist was waiting in the living room as he was going downstairs.

"So,are you ready for the wedding tomorrow? " asked Zac's stylist, smiling widely.
Zac returned the smile and nodded.
"Yeah... I'm pretty stoked " said Zac.

"Well I have planned just the right tux for you" said Zac's stylist while asking her assistant to drag the tux wardrobe she ordered.

Zac looked at all the tux smiling. It was finally happening.

His phone was ringing.

He looked at the phone's screen.

It was Grace.

"Hey baby" said Zac smiling.
"Hey baby. All ready for the wedding tomorrow?" asked Grace smiling.
Zac could practically hear the smile.
"Yup!" said Zac.
"Are you? " asked Zac
"Yeah... I just have to go to the office today. To finalize the projects and submit some files" said Grace.
"Do you really have to work today? It's our wedding tomorrow...I mean...I don't want you to strain yourself on the day before our wedding " says Zac explaining.
"I know... But it's work... I have to do it. But don't worry, the work will be over in an hour or two " said Grace.
"You better get some sleep tonight because you won't be getting much once we get married " said Zac grinning.
"You..." grinned Grace.
"I love you Grace " says Zac.
"I love you more " says Grace blushing.

The phone call ends.

Grace went to her office. She talked to some clients, finalized some projects, submitted the required files. She submitted the notice for leave. Unlike she thought, the work took longer than she expected. By evening, the work was over. She finally took a long breath and smiled.

She's finally getting married to the Man she loves the most.

Zac selected his clothes and took a little nap. He got up and worked out for an hour, just to get the nerves out. after the work out,he returned home. He had his dinner and fell asleep early. He wanted to look his best on his wedding day.

~~~~~~2 A.M.~~~~~~

Zac's phone was ringing.

Zac woke up, blinked twice and looked at his phone screen.

It was Grace.

He smiled and slided to answer the call.

"Hey baby... " said Zac cozily.
"take it.... Easy easy.....put her on the stretcher " someone yelled over the phone.
Zac rose and sat on his bed. He didn't understand what was he hearing over the phone.
"Grace... Are you okay? " asks Zac in tense.

"Is this Zac?" asks the female voice over the phone.
"Yes, it is...what happened to Grace?" asked Zac.
"I uh... her car was crashed. She's being taken to the hospital. Please come ASAP " said the voice trembling and shivering.

Zac was shaking.. His mind blank. He couldn't believe this. He crammed out of bed. His parents woke up to the sound Zac made as he rushed downstairs.

"Zac,What happened? " asked Zac's mom leaning towards the stairs.

"Grace... She is in hospital " said Zac almost crying.

"We'll follow you" said Zac's mom tying up her loose hair.

.