C-48: The Change

"this is the marvellous sculpture built by King of Nizam, The Charminar, which means four pillars. This particular monument has its significance throughout the history of Hyderabad. The king built it for his people who suffered from plaque. The Charminar is built with rich ingredients like lime stone,granite and brown sugar extracts. " explained Ramesh as he was showing the Charminar to Grace.
"It's wonderful... You can see the whole city from up here " said Grace.
She enjoyed the city. It was colourful. The energy was different from that of West.  She really started to dig in with India. So far, she ate some of the authentic Hyderabadi delicacies and loved them. Some of the delicacies were gulab jamoon, Rasgola, Biriyani and some other delicious food that made Grace fall in love with. 
At noon,she was taken to a beautiful hotel called Taj.  There they ordered some Biriyani and tandoori kebab. 
Grace looked at her hand and Realized that she was still wearing the bracelet that Zac gave her. She touched the engravement "We And Us Forever" and it brought back some nostalgic memories of good times with Zac. How they both enjoyed the Indian food on the Cruisé. How he made playful jokes. How he put so much effort to make the whole trip comfortable for Grace. 
"Is something wrong, miss? " asked Ramesh.
"No...no...I'm fine " says Grace softly looking at her bracelet and looking back at Ramesh.
"You know,I've observed you for a while now...that you don't seem very happy...pardon me if I'm crossing my line, Miss " says Ramesh politely.
"You're not crossing your line. But...yeah. Something went wrong back in the states and I'm just trying to find a way out of it" says Grace softly.
"What exactly is the problem? " asked Ramesh.
"Well...it's about a man..." says Grace
"He did something wrong? " asks Ramesh.
"No no no...He's an angel.  It's just... I'm not good for him." says Grace almost choking up.
"What do you mean? " asks Ramesh.
"It's not something I'm comfortable talking about. But let's just say that we broke up and I miss him" says Grace wiping her own tears.  She remembered how she saw Zac the last time, from behind the door,how he said she didn't have a heart.  Maybe it's true she thought. Maybe she doesn't really have a heart which is why she's torturing him like that she thought. 
"Miss...it's not my place to say anything... But...If you two really love each other, then nothing in this World can stop that from happening " says Ramesh.
His words did have an impact on Grace.  She nodded yes and thanked him. The food arrived and they enjoyed a good meal.

"Yes...I'll get back to work from tomorrow. My manager will send the dates to you. We'll start the shoot in 2 days" said Zac talking to a director on his phone. 
Zac hung up. He called some house keeping service and paid them to clean his house as his house was just looking like a horrible mess. Something inside him snapped. He bought himself together.  He no longer let his emotions rule him. He shut himself down completely. He missed Grace beyond explanation. But he had to keep himself distracted until at least Grace comes back from India. He thought of working out the issues with Grace After she comes. He didn't want to disturb her while she was still there. He hoped she'd come back and he'd propose to her. That's it. If he tied himself with her,she no longer had to worry about anything. They both will be happy. 

For almost 3 weeks, Grace was in India and she loved the atmosphere there. The energy, she started to embrace.  She made a friend called "Priya" when she was in Hyderabad.  After her tour in South India,it was time to come back home. Zac was shooting non stop and kept himself distracted and waited for the day Grace would come back. He thought of going to the airport and surprise her.

Grace's dad received a mail from the airline that the return tickets have been cancelled.
He immediately calls up The airline, he asks them why would they cancel Grace's return tickets. The airline responds that Grace was the one who cancelled them.
Grace's dad was shocked. He didn't understand why would she do something like that. He called Grace. Grace was back in her hotel room in Hyderabad.
Dad:Why would you cancel the tickets?  Do you want to extend your trip? 
Grace: more like I don't wanna come back.
Dad: Do you even hear yourself?  I will not oblige for this.
Grace :dad, I'm serious. I wanna continue my studies here.I wanna stay here.by myself.  Just the way I lived there... In that apartment.
Dad:So This is about us leaving you alone? 
Grace:no dad... It's about me and him. I can't control myself once I'd see Zac. If I come near him,something bad will happen to him. It's better if I just stay here... Seven seas Apart from him. Loving him from a distance.
Dad:honey, there's a limit. You'll probably forget him in a few months. Be practical.
Grace: I can't imagine me loving anyone else other than Zac. So,please don't force me. I want to live here and start fresh.
Dad: But...Grace... It's a huge step. Are you ready for something like that?  You'll be so far away from us.:: What about your friends?  Zac? You never want to see them?  Ever? 
Grace :I don't have the answers to those questions. But I'm staying here whether you approve of it or not.
Grace was being a little stubborn and rebellious for the first time. 

*silence *

Dad:I'll send the check.

Grace:what? No...I'll get a job here. You don't worry about anything.

Dad:But I insist that you take the money I send you. At least it will give me some peace of mind. 

Grace: okay...
Dad:and Grace...
Grace :Yeah?
Dad:Why India?

Grace :because Zac loves India.