Chapter 6: The first encounter

Both Gabriel and Esther worked so hard every day; they were preparing for the upcoming college education of their only daughter, Esriel. Actually, Esriel was even more excited than them. Since she was a child, Esriel wished to have a stable job so that her parents would no longer work for her, but instead, it will be her turn to work hard for them.

          "I'm the luckiest daughter for I have parents like you. I owe everything to you, mom and dad. I promise to make you proud in every days of your life" says Esriel.

She told that to Esther and Gabriel every time they were together.

While being busy in the market, Esriel volunteered to buy some foods for their snack. She noticed that her mom was a little bit tired already and for sure, she needed to have something in her tummy in order to gain energy again. But before going out, she had to help her mom first in attending to their customers' needs.

          "Take it easy, mom. Have a sit and let me be the one to handle this" tells Esriel. 

          "Thanks my princess" answers mom.

On the other side, Castor together with his parents were also having lots of customers. His mother, Adora, was able to bring some foods for their snack. Castor wanted to visit Esriel and her mom, but he couldn't leave his parents alone even a single minute. So he decided to just go in there after some time, when his parents could take a rest already.

After helping her mom, Esriel stood up and  was ready to buy foods for their snack. She chose to buy spaghetti from a nearby store. As she was walking, a guy suddenly bumped her. Unfortunately, the spaghetti she was holding fell on the ground. Esriel was so upset as she glanced towards the spoiled spaghetti.

          "Oh, I'm so sorry. My friends are coming towards me so I have to run as well. Here is the money, just buy other one" tells the guy. 

Esriel looked at him without saying a single word. After a few minutes of staring, she just left and moved away.

Esriel had to buy another spaghetti, but only for her mother. Her money wasn't enough to buy for herself. She just told her mom that she was still full that time. But

          "We can share this one" tells Esther.

They continued in attending to their customers even they were eating. 

          "We just have to eat fast" says Esther. 

While Esriel was still having her snack, Castor suddenly came near them holding a paper bag.

          "What a nice timing for me! I have something for you and your mom. A cassava cake again with an orange juice" says Castor. 

          "Looks yummy! Thanks a lot" replies Esriel.

While Esther was busy talking to a buyer, a new customer came in and it was Castor who attended to his needs because Esriel went to the comfort room. As she returned back, the customer that Castor was talking to was the guy who bumped her earlier.

*End of Chapter 6*