Chapter 19: The truth

"Eros is my boyfriend. He's the main reason why I transferred to your school" Akira says.

          "I'm your ex-boyfriend, Akira" replies Eros.

          "Ah okay, happy  birthday Eros. I think I should leave you now so that you can have some privacy" tells Esriel.

          "Anyway, thanks a lot Esriel for your company."

          "No worries, Akira. Have fun guys" adds Esriel.

Esriel went back with a shocking mood. She never expected that he was the the answer to the questions she wanted to ask Akira from the start. Akira was the girl whom Eros loved so much according to the girls she heard talking in one of their classes.

          "They must be together again."

          "I should be happy for them" she whispers.

Esriel  met Castor outside the market, he was talking to an old man, maybe their client. She didn't wanted to disturb him, but just after Castor has discussed something, he ran towards her.

          "Hey, where had you been? Where's Akira?"

          "She's with her ex-boyfriend, Eros."

          "Really? I never thought about that. Did you?"

          "Nope" replies Esriel.

After their conversation, they went back to help their parents. Esriel was a bit upset, for the guy that she was beginning to like and love was still in love to his ex-girlfriend who was currently her new found friend.

          "Are you okay. It seems that you're not feeling well" says Esther.

          "I'm okay mom. Perhaps , I am just tired" replies Esriel.

          "Then better go home and take a rest. I'll be fine here."

          "No mom, I'll stay here with you."

The whole day turned to be a busy day not just for Castor's family, but also for Esriel and her mom. Because of that situation, she no longer had the time to think about what was happening to Eros and Akira. Esriel's full attention was only focused to their business.

It's almost getting dark when Esriel started to fix everything.

          "I'll better help you" says Castor.

          "Oh, thanks."

          "Where's your mom?" asks him.

          "I told her to go home, for she's tired already."

Just after reaching home, dinner was ready. Her dad, Gabriel, was reading something on the newspaper.

          "Hey dad, good evening."

          "Good evening too, we're waiting for you."

          "Where's mom?"

          "I'm here. I just took a shower." answers Esther.

After dinner, the three of them seemed to be very tired on that day. Esriel told her parents to sleep and she would be the one to do the chores. No matter how tired Esriel was, she still wanted to make herself busy so that she wouldn't think so much about Eros who might be at peace now with Akira.

But as she laid down on her bed, some thoughts of them kept on disturbing her.

          "Why should I be affected so much?"

          "I have to be happy for them. That's all."

          "So stop acting stupid" mumbles Esriel.

She was very tired and yet sleep didn't wanted to visit her. Though she had no choice but to close her eyes, for they will have classes again the next day.

          "I'm pretty sure to hear for good news coming from Akira tomorrow" whispers Esriel.

*End of Chapter 19*