Chapter 14: A feeling of Love

That very first goodbye from him started it all. She couldn't accept it to herself at first, but the feelings towards Eros was beginning to blossom. Esriel didn't had the thought that it would be possible for her to like him. Actually, Eros was the exact opposite of what she was looking in a guy. Most of the traits she liked for her man to have was apparently possessed by her friend, Castor.

          "Stop!" 

          "I'm still young to be in love" she mumbles.

Days passed and she continued to secretly moved away from him. Esriel didn't told Castor about her feelings towards Eros, for she was trying to ignore her emotions. She was so sure that Castor would tell her parents. If they would know about Esriel's feelings, no doubt that Esther and Gabriel wouldn't be in favor for it.

          "I understand them. I know that they only want the best for me."

          "I should repay them back by focusing with my studies. I will not waste their efforts" Esriel said.

During her free times, Esriel helped her mom in the market. Even Castor did the same thing, for he also wanted to show his appreciation for his parents. On the other hand, Eros and his band were busy rehearsing for a band competition. It was actually a competition for all universities. Due to the hectic schedule of Eros, he had no more time in hanging out with his friends.

          "He's just flirting with me."

          "So I shouldn't give importance to my feelings for him" she said.

Esriel didn't knew about the band competition. For many days, she didn't saw Eros in school. All she thought was he was no longer attending his classes. Esriel wanted to ask Castor, but she refused. Castor might wonder why all of a sudden, she was interested to know about him.

          "Are you okay? It seems that you're thinking about me."

          "Oh, Esriel.........Don't tell me that you're in love with me? tells Castor.

          "Yuck! ha ha ha ha" Esriel answers while pinching Castor's nose.

Esriel took that as a joke from Castor, for through the years that they were together, it was normal for them to tell anything to each other. But unknowingly, Castor had special feelings for her. For him, they were more than friends, but he couldn't admit it to Esriel because he didn't want to destroy the friendship between them.

          "I know that Esriel will be disappointed if I will break my promise to her."

          "We both promised to be very good friends forever" he whispers.

Even it was also difficult on Castor's part to hide his feeling for Esriel, he had no choice but to stick with it, after all, they were still young to be together.

          "For now, it's better for us to focus more with our studies."

          "I will wait until we'll graduate. By that time, Esriel can accept me, and even her family" Castor said.

Almost everybody were running as they about to enter the school building.

          "What's happening?" asks Esriel to a student.

          "They won! The Cube band won! They are on the gym right now" the student says.

          "Congratulations guys! We're all proud of you" tells Mrs. Amara.

          "Thank you ma'am. It will always be our pride to represent our school" exclaims Eros.

*End of Chapter 14*