Chapter 12: Another surprise

Both Esriel and Eros were surprised about the news they received. Even their families were very much thankful to them.

          "You make us really proud" says Simon.

          "Amazing you are" adds Adora

          "I will go now and tell your father about the good news" exclaims Esther.

          "Not yet, mom. I want to surprise him" Esriel answers.

          "That's a good idea, Esriel. Anyway, to our beloved parents, thanks for the unending support" Castor says.

Before the evening came, Esriel and Castor planned to give a simple celebration for their families as a sign of appreciation for them. Without their parents knowledge, they prepared some of their favorite foods.

Castor told his parents that they will have their dinner together with Esriel's family. When all of them were present, a surprise was waiting for them.

          "Wow! Lots of delicious foods. What's the occasion?" asks Gabriel.

Actually, after seeing the simple celebration, Simon, Adora, and Esther already had an idea what was that all about. They just smiled to each other while whispering "thank you" to their children.

          "Dad, we both passed the scholarship test" tells Esriel

          "That's how good we are. Ha ha ha ha" adds Castor.

          "Wow! I'm so happy for both of you" replies Gabriel.

With the simple celebration they prepared, they could feel the happiness of their own parents. Honestly, that was only a small portion in showing their families how thankful they were. The best thing and gift they could ever give them was to study hard, and that's the goal they needed to pursue.

After two days, they returned back in the school for their enrollment. Both of them were excited to be part of that institution where it was always been a dream for Esriel. As scholars, they were exempted to settle for the overall tuition fees. But they had to pay for book expenses, after all, they were really obliged to have them for their studies.

Just after completing all the necessary requirements of the school, Esriel and Castor went to buy some of their needed school supplies. In this case, they would be able to help their parents in the market without thinking too much about other things.

          "I'm so excited for our schooling" tells Esriel

          "Me too. New friends we'll have. And perhaps, a girl inspiration for me" replies Castor.

          "Ha ha ha....You gonna be kidding me" says Esriel as she pats Castor's shoulder.

          "Ouch!" shouts Castor.

          "Oh sorry, bro" Esriel answers as she pats Castor's other shoulder.

Their was no doubt that Esriel and Castor were best of friends.

After a month of waiting, the beginning of classes came. Esriel and Castor traveled early on that day so they could also tour some of the school's facilities. While they were inside the gymnasium, she never expected to see a familiar face. He was on the stage singing with a band, a vocalist maybe.

          "E..r..o..s" she mumbles.

Esriel's face turned reddish. Castor didn't saw Eros, for he was busy meeting with girls.

          "My heart beats faster. But why?" whispers Esriel while holding her bag.

*End of Chapter 12*