Chapter 29: The beginning of suspicion

Esriel's next step was to look for Akira's place. Fortunately, she got it from one of Eros band mates.

          "Don't let Eros know it please. I will just talk to her" says Esriel.

After their morning classes, she asked Castor if he could accompany her going to Akira's place. He immediately said yes to her.

When they were about to reach her house, Akira was sitting on a bench while writing something.

          "Good morning Akira" says Esriel.

          "What are you doing here?" she replies.

          "I just want to talk to you."

          "Am I the reason why you dropped all your subjects?" asks Esriel.

          "I don't want to talk about it, please. You both can go now" Akira says.

          "We have to go now. Talk to her next time" Castor whispers.

          "Okay, thanks for the time" tells Esriel.

While having their lunch, Castor talked to her.

          "With the kind of attitude she has now, you aren't supposed to talk to her."

          "Give her some more time and space" he says.

          "I think so" she whispers.

Esriel was a bit upset about how Akira acted earlier. But despite having that feeling, she still attended her classes in the afternoon. Actually, she didn't wanted to spoil her day, and Castor would think that she was being affected too much if she'll act differently.

Eros was talking to his friends when Esriel bought something in the canteen. She just smiled when their eyes met. After a few minutes, he approached her and gave a red rose.

          "For you" he says.

          "Thanks Eros."

          "You look even lovelier everyday"

          "Thanks again, Eros" says Esriel with a smile.

While they were talking to each other, Castor saw them so he ran as fast as he could towards them.

          "C'mon Esriel, you have to help me understand our new lesson in Math" says Castor.

          "Wait!"

          "We really have to go now, goodbye Eros" adds Castor.

Esriel was speechless after what Castor did. She was actually wondering why he acted that weird. But even she was puzzled; Esriel had to go with Castor, for she didn't want her best friend to feel bad.

          "Hey, are you okay? You were catching your breath when you came near me and Eros" Esriel says.

          "Yup, I'm fine. It's just that I am bothered by our new lesson in math."

          "I really have a hard time in understanding it" Castor replies.

She tried to understand him even a part of her mind was having some questions. Esriel wanted to ask, but Castor just diverted his attention to something else.

Esriel went home with Castor, Simon and Adora were listening to the radio when they arrived.

          "Good evening mom and dad. I'm with Esriel" says Castor.

          "Belated happy birthday, sir" exclaims Esriel.

          "Oh, thanks dear" replies Simon.

          "I'll prepare food for you, guys" tells Adora.

When Esriel got back home, her parents were already sleeping. As she lay down in bed, some thoughts bothered her tired mind.

          "A person with ordinary feelings for someone can act normally no matter what the situation is."

          "But Castor acted differently. Is he jealous with Eros?" she mumbles.

*End of Chapter 29*