Chapter 24: Knowing the real him

Esriel wasn't the type of girl who easily feel comfortable with just anyone. Although she became easily at ease with Eros company. It seemed that Esriel knew him even before. In her heart, she felt that they already met, but couldn't remember when. In short, it's some kind of deja vu.

Eros first brought her to a place where he described as "paradise".

          "Welcome to my home" he says.

          "Home?!?"

          "Are you kidding me?" asks Esriel.

          "No. This is my home for in here I always find comfort and real love."

          "Where are your parents" she asks again.

          "They separated. I'm with my mom, while dad is with his new family."

          "I was their only child." Eros replies.

He also added that his father left them when he was just five years old. With the few things that she knew about him, Esriel felt sympathy to him. She also realized one thing, that even though he may have wealth and fame on his hands, simple kinds of joy would really made him find absolute happiness.

          "Thanks Esriel for being here."

          "I always look forward in meeting someone who will listen and understand me."

          "Almost everyone believe that I have a perfect life, but they're wrong."

          "Through music, I'm able to release my emotions. Music serves as my energy booster, for me to keep going no matter how complicated my life is" he confesses. 

Eros had a deeper side. A side which was considered unsung. It was also a part of him that he didn't wanted to disclose to just anyone whom he didn't trust.

          "I want to thank you as well, for sharing something that's unknown for most people about you" says Esriel.

          "I feel somewhat relieved because you're starting to know the real me."

          "Not the one whom you see as the happy-go-lucky guy in school" tell Eros.

After three hours of knowing more about each other, he brought Esriel in a place where they had their lunch. It's about thirty minutes away from his "paradise". The place was filled with serenity, it's actually  located at the center of a farm. Mostly they could see animals surrounding it.

          "This is my first time to see this place."

          "As if I'm in heaven" exclaims Esriel.

          "I always come here so they already knew me for sure" says Eros.

Esriel thought that after their lunch, he would brought her home already. But Eros still had someone to show her. They went into small village where there was a house who took care of special kids and children who had serious illnesses.

          "I would like you to meet someone."

          "He is Ben, a seven years old kid who has cerebral palsy since birth."

          "I met him when we had a mini concert here. A benefit concert for them, actually."

          "Seeing him for the first time, broke my heart. He had difficulty in speaking  and yet he still wanted to share some stories with me." 

          "Since that day, I always find time to visit him no matter how hectic my schedule is."

Few minutes later, Ben woke up.

          "H----e----l-----l-----o" he says.

          "Don't bother to talk much, Ben. You'll get tired.

          "Meet our new friend, Esriel" says Eros.

Esriel couldn't control  her tears from falling so she just looked back to wipe them from her cheeks.

          "Nice to meet you, Ben" she says.

*End of Chapter 24*