Chapter 27: The fight for love begins

A sad news suddenly approached Esriel and Castor as they were about to enter the school wherein a group of students were talking about Akira.

          "Have you heard the news? Akira has dropped all her subjects" a girl says.

          "Really? Perhaps, it's because of Eros" another girl adds.

The students were still on the hang of sharing stories when Esriel immediately grabbed Castor's right arm.

          "We should stay away from those story tellers" says Esriel.

          "Wait, wait, wait....it seems that you're being affected" Castor whispers.

          "Of course not, it's just that I want to keep distance from them" Esriel replies.

But deep inside, Esriel was somewhat afraid, for the students might judge her as the reason between Eros and Akira's misunderstanding. She could feel that their sympathies would be for Akira. Actually, they knew her more than Esriel who was only a freshman of the school.

          "Always remember that I'm always here for you."

          "Everyone might see you as a bad girl, but take note that I'm here to protect my best friend" he says.

          "Thanks Castor."

While waiting for Mrs. Amara, some students were staring at her. It's as if she did a very serious matter because Esriel's classmates saw her like a criminal. But instead of having fear, she ignored them. She remembered what her mom said when she was a kid.

          "Don't let your fear swallow you if you think that you didn't do anything wrong."

Esriel felt better upon remembering that.

          "Good thing you smiled" whispers Castor.

          "I should show them that I'm not what they think" replies Esriel.

          "That's my baby...........joke! That's my friend, Esriel" Castor says.

Eros was rehearsing with his band in the gym when Esriel was looking for her classmate. She tried to hide, but Eros saw her so he ran towards her.

          "Hi Esriel, I hope I can still help you and your mom in the market."

          "Of course, but I will say it again that you don't have to do that, Eros."

          "Doing that favor is a privilege for me" says Eros.

          "By the way, were you aware that Akira has dropped all her subjects?" asks Esriel.

          "Yes, she called me last night and informed me about it" he replies.

          "So where is she now, Eros?"

          "I don't know, honestly. Maybe she's at home."

          "You won't give her a chance anymore?" Esriel asks again.

          "I love you and that's I'm willing to fight for" Eros replies.

After hearing him, Esriel walked away. Actually, she has mixed emotions. Sad for Akira, at the same time, super overwhelmed to what Eros said. She never expected to hear those words coming from him. If only Esriel could also admit to Eros that she had feelings for him even before. But it wasn't the right time. Like what her mom said that if he's willing to wait for her, then they're really meant for each other.

          "Where did you go? I was looking for you" asks Castor.

          "Ahhh...I was talking to someone."

          "Who was it?"

          "Our classmate, Micaela" replies Esriel.

*End of Chapter27*