Chapter 20: A second chance for love

"Good morning everyone!" exclaims Castor.

          "Wow! the early bird is here" says Gabriel.

          "Good morning too. You're looking so handsome today" Esther adds.

          "Well, I'm already handsome even before. Ha ha ha ha" replies Castor.

Esriel was just smiling as she's having her breakfast.

          "Come on let's eat, Castor."

           "Thanks, but I'm done already."

Gabriel decided not to go for work on that day because he wasn't feeling well. So, he stayed at home and took a rest. Before leaving her husband, Esther prepared everything that he would need including his lunch and his medicines. She also leaved him with fruits, for him to get better soon.

In school, Esriel was secretly looking for Akira. She really wanted to know what happened to her and Eros yesterday. But for her not to get hurt, she somewhat expected that they were back on each other's arm again.

          "Love is sweeter the second time around" she whispers.

But Akira was nowhere to be found, so he called Castor who was *flirting actually* with his girl friends (female friends). As they were laughing together, Eros suddenly walked in front of her. He just smiled at them and walked away.

          "He should be with Akira" Esriel mumbles.

          "C'mon, we'll be late in class" says Castor.

After having their last class in the morning, Esriel was still wondering about Akira.

          "Where is she? She's not even in the library."

          "I haven't seen her with some other friends besides me and Castor, so I don't know whom to ask about her."

While Esriel was thinking on what's the best thing to do, Castor came near her, holding a tray of foods for their lunch.

          "Hey baby, let's have our lunch."

          "Oh Castor, you're ruining my mood again."

          "Ha ha ha ha. Okay, that was a joke" he replies.

After a break of an hour, they got back to their classes again. It seemed that Esriel couldn't focused well on what their professor was telling them. On the other side of her brain, she was still thinking about Akira. She have seen Eros earlier, but Akira wasn't along with him.

          "Perhaps, Akira is just busy with something else."

          "Or maybe, she wanted to surprise me" she whispers.

Before going home, Esriel asked Castor about Akira if ever they crossed each other.

          "No. She might be absent" replies Castor.

          "Maybe, because I haven't seen her since morning" says Esriel.

Unknowingly, Akira was waiting for them outside the school.

          "Hey guys, what's up?"

          "Castor can I borrow Esriel for some time? I just wanted to talk to her. I will accompany her in going home, promise."

          "Okay, you both take care. Bye" Castor says.

Akira grabbed Esriel's right arm and went to her car. Actually, Esriel didn't knew that she had a car, but she remained quiet and just followed Akira.

          "Eros is already in love with someone."

          "Who?" asks Esriel.

          "I don't know. He didn't tell me."

          "Oh...so you mean there'll be no more chance for you to be together again?"

          "He said it's all over between us. But I'm still hopeful, Esriel."

*End of Chapter 20*