Chapter 31: True love waits

With what he said, Esriel left Castor without saying anything. She wanted to know everything from him, but her mind tells her that she wasn't ready for it.

          "Why he didn't tell me?"

          "I should have understood him" she whispers.

But even she's willing to understand him after they talked; Esriel was already in love with Eros. It wasn't the right time for them to be freely in love, but someday that special moment would probably turn into reality for as long as Eros would be willing to wait for her.

          "Esriel, what's wrong?" asks her mom.

          "Mom, Castor admitted that he loves me."

          "There's nothing wrong with it. But it's not yet going to work this time for both of you are still young."

          "Mom, I'm already in love with someone else."

          "Who's the lucky guy, Esriel?"

          "It's Eros, mom."

Esther was speechless for few minutes. Actually, she didn't expect to hear those words from her daughter. She thought that Esriel was already comfortable with Castor.

          "Eros is in a complicated situation now. And with what we always tell you, you're still young to enter in a relationship" says Esther.

          "I never forget that, mom."

Her mom has a point, even her dad would likewise agree to Esther.

          "I'll find time to talk to Eros."

          "To clear everything between us" she whispers.

Esriel talked to Eros during one of their free times in school. She made sure that Castor wasn't able to follow them.

          "You have to forget your feelings for me, Eros."

          "I'm still young, and my parents won't allow me to be in love yet" she says.

          "I can wait for you Esriel, trust me."

          "Better stop it, Eros. My parents are more important than anyone else" she replies.

She left Eros without hearing his explanations. It was difficult for her to ignore him especially the fact that she had special feelings for the guy. Esriel had no choice but to leave her feelings behind.

Esriel thought that Castor was just absent for their morning classes, but he was also absent in the afternoon as well. She suddenly felt worried for him. As Castor's true friend, she's still having concern for him.

When she reached home early that evening, Esriel immediately asked her parents about Castor.

          "Have you seen Castor for the whole day?"

          "No, but Simon told me that he was drunk last night" Esther replies.

          "I'm sure that he stayed at home due to hangover" Gabriel adds.

Esriel was about to open the door to see Castor personally when she suddenly became silent after what she had seen.

          "So many flowers!" exclaims Esther.

          "They're for whom?" Gabriel asks.

          "For you, Esriel" replies Eros.

Esriel was still speechless in front of Eros. So it was Gabriel who invited him to come in.

          "Good evening sir and ma'am. I know that I'm not supposed to be here and asking for your blessings to court your daughter."

          "But I want to tell you that I have clean intentions for her."

          "Being you as her parents, I believe that you only want the best for her."

          "Nothing but only the best in this world."

          "She maybe too young for love, but I want you to know that I'm willing to wait for her until the right time comes....I promise" says Eros.

*End of Chapter 31*