Chapter 28: A mother's thoughts

Esriel wondered why all of a sudden Castor became curious whom she talked to. Since they became friends, he never asked whom she was talking to or being with in their everyday living. It was definitely new to her ears. But she understood him instead of thinking malicious things.

          "How are you? You seemed so tired" says her mom.

          "Yes mom. Remember about Akira?"

          "She has dropped all her subjects."

          "Why?" her mom asks.

          "I don't know. Perhaps, she's confused."

          "Confused for what?"

          "Not what....It's who, mom. I think of only one person........Eros" whispers Esriel.

Esther felt bad for the girl, Akira. It's because she ruined her ability to study just because of her confusion for a guy. For a mom, that stupid reasoning wasn't a just statement, but a result of unfair thinking. Instead of losing yourself out of confusion, better face it with a strong mind and soul.

          "You're absolutely right, mom."

          "Once in my life, I crossed a very dangerous river. Despite how deep it was, I had to swim with a strong mind. But the main reason why I never gave up was because your father didn't left me" Esther says.

         "There were times when we almost lose hope, but we had to strive to be together. Your dad and I really felt so low during the first ten years that we were childless" she continues.

          "And finally, you came into our lives. For us, that's the happiest moment, and it was the first time we could say that we were complete as a family. We may have a simple life, but I'm thankful for I never gave up before and I continued to love your father. No regrets I have now, only true love for you and Gabriel. I could never ask for any material things anymore, having a good health for us is more than enough" Esther adds.

Esriel became emotional upon hearing her mom. She had a blurry vision because of the tears flowing from her eyes. Esther immediately wiped them before Gabriel might wonder why she was crying.

After a few minutes, Gabriel came in holding a paper plate with foods on it.

          "I have something for you."

          "It's our foreman's birthday today. He told me to bring some foods for my family" he says.

          "Wow! He's so thoughtful, dad. Say our deepest thanks to him" says Esriel.

          "He's a nice man, indeed!" Esther adds.

After having their dinner, Esriel went to her room because she had to review for tomorrow's quiz. Even holding her notebook, she was still thinking about her mom's story. She never knew how hard her mom and dad had to go through.

          "Thank you for giving me wonderful parents like them" she whispers.

As she was about to close her notes, Akira's name suddenly appeared in her mind. Actually, she felt pity with her if the only reason for having a disturbed mind was Eros.

          "Perhaps, I need to talk to Akira."

          "And tell her to separate her love life to her studies."

Esriel was probably right. Talking to her could be a possible way to spare her life from loneliness and forever regret.

*End of Chapter 28*