Chapter 9: An Opportunity knocks

A very sweet smile was seen on Eros lips as he turned around and walked away. While Esriel was continuing to fix and prepare the fruits along with the vegetables, Esther came near her asking who the guy was. She just told her mom that he was their very first customer for that day, where he bought some vegetables which is supposed to be their lunch.

"He might probably give us a better start for the day, isn't? asks Esther. "I hope so, mom" Esriel replies.

They were actually right. More buyers came to buy fruits and vegetables from them. Esriel and her mom were very much happy to see and entertain their customers.

"Thank God that you'll be having some extra money for your schooling. I hope that we will be lucky everyday so your father doesn't have to work so hard" adds Esther.

Esriel hugged her mother as tears came out from her eyes. Unknowingly, Castor was seriously looking at them. He was a good son, but not as close as Esriel with her parents. Castor loved his father and mother very much, but he wasn't showy about it. Castor and his family lived a simple life ever since he was a little boy. Nevertheless, his parents were able to send him to school amidst having financial problems before.

Like Esriel, Castor was planning to study again; that is his parents dream for him also. So same with Gabriel and Esther, they worked hard for him. Castor could see and feel their efforts, and that made him very proud of them.

"I have an additional good news for you. I'm sure you'll be very excited to know it" says Gabriel as he reached home that evening."What is it, dad?" asks Esriel. "I've heard from my co-worker that the school where you like to study is now accepting for scholarship applicants. All you need is to pass the test they'll be giving you. This might be your chance, Esriel" adds Gabriel.

"That's awesome! says Esther.

"Yes, good news it is. But do you think I can pass the test? asks Esriel. "Of course you will. You're a very bright girl" answers Gabriel. "We believe in you. You'll gonna make it" Esther adds.

Aside from the nervousness she had was the feeling of excitement. Her dream to be in that school would be turning into reality the moment she'll passed the scholarship exam. Esriel told about it to Castor the next day, and he was also happy to hear that from her.

"We'll both inquire about the scholarship" tells Esriel. "And we will take the test at the same time" adds Castor.

Big smiles were on there faces while helping their respective parents. Esriel was even happier because if she'll have the scholarship, then she could still study without spending the money which her parents saved for her. They would rather utilize it for their daily living.

"Perhaps, we better start inquiring tomorrow. I'm so excited about it, Castor. I will never ever waste this opportunity that is extended for us" Esriel says.

*End of Chapter 9*